EZ Oil Drain Valve (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Torquing that valve in will be a challenge, but I do want one.

Now, is there an easier way to get to the filter cartridge?

Almost went right passed this question.#1 Use a crowfoot wrench on your torque wrench.

#2 (filter) I am buying RCI skids and they have an access plate flush in the skid to get to the filter.

I just wondering how fluid remains inside the torque converter that isn't exchanged with a drain/refill.

The fluid in the torque converter (a couple liters, I imagine) is circulated via the transmission's pump under normal operation. It's damn near impossible to suck the old fluid out completely dry, but also not necessary in 99% of cases when you need to service the transmission. You are worrying over a non-issue.

How do you plan on flushing out the torque converter?
Easy, remove the lower fluid line ( for Trans fluid!!) to the radiator and install a 1/2 inch id clear vinyl tube into a container preferably see thru, marked in quart increments. I am ready to go with all of this. Then after removing pan, and changing the strainer/filter, add new gasket and button up pan. Under hood hang a funnel with a tube running to no more than 1 inch into trans fill opening. Fill the removed quantity of AT fluid to pan that you took out when changing filter. Run engine 30 seconds and let trans pump dump fluid from your hose into your catch can. Stop engine and add the same amount to funnel. Repeat until fluid runs clean, I have read this can take 12 quarts because there is a lot of AT fluid in the system. This is the perfect flush, you change the strainer and ALL the fluid. Ill give my report next month when I perform this, but it is available on the Blue Room for all to see. I think 75K is a good number to perform this service, all my previous vehicles went thru this service and I never had a problem doing it. The only thing to be aware of is this Toyota WS AT fluid "aint cheap" as they say. So you decide if you want to do it, I am going to.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom