EZ Oil Drain Valve (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I bought the EZ-104 on advice but I think the thread is too large! The gasket I have for the filler plug is much smaller. I will do the oil change next week and report. Will have to return the 104 I think.

I bought the EZ-104 on advice but I think the thread is too large! The gasket I have for the filler plug is much smaller. I will do the oil change next week and report. Will have to return the 104 I think.

I installed the Fumoto FS103S that has M12-1.25 threads, according to their website. On Amazon, the EZ-104 seems to have M18-1.5 threads, you may need to return it.

Looks like you need:

EZ Oil Drain Valve - EZ-103 : 12mm-1.25

Hey guys, I got to give a shout-out here to the Oil Drain Valve guys at oildrainvalve.net in Washington. I found a link in a forum to their products and ordered what I thought was the one for my 2012 FJ. It was too large, I checked it against my gaskets for the drain plug. After I emailed them back they were nice enough to send me the correct one , EZ-103, and a return postage paid envelope for me to return the wrong one. Nice. This ball valve is really high quality stainless steel and the handle has a detent it sets in so it cannot be inadvertently opened. I also ordered the $4 screw-in hose end piece that hooks up to a short length of clear 3/8 dia. hose. Pics here from todays oil change and valve install. Plenty of room under the sheet metal cover.
Thanks Michael and Estancio, you are correct.

IMG_3992.JPG

IMG_3993.JPG

IMG_3994.JPG

I have one!! and love it!!

Does giving up the magnet on the drain plug when you go to this adapter concern anyone?

Good question but no. I never had any build up on the magnet but I looked thru all the pleats on my filter cartridge and counted any metal particles. On the first change at 500 miles I had several filings in the filter. They dramatically got fewer after subsequent changes. After 20k I have not seen any particles in the pleats in the filter and no residue on the plug. I think the filter cartridge pretty much does its job. I will report soon on my first use of the drain valve in about 8k miles. I plan on doing the blue-room AT screen and flush sooner like in a month that would be at the 75K mileage, I will report.

I didn't even know there was a magnet on the drain plug - I'm pretty sure mine is not magnetic. I thought that the only magnetic plugs were for the diffs.

[edit: If you have a magnetic plug with collected debris, then your filter is f@#ked.]

I didn't even know there was a magnet on the drain plug - I'm pretty sure mine is not magnetic. I thought that the only magnetic plugs were for the diffs.

[edit: If you have a magnetic plug with collected debris, then your filter is f@#ked.]

I think I stand corrected. Good point!!. I changed my oil yesterday and it was just a normal, non-magnatized drain plug. It’s been some long days!! As they say I had a “brain fart”! Haha

I have my original oil drain plug in my tool box and just checked it out. It is not magnetic.
Great question though. I am doing the Blue Room AT service next month and I bet the AT plug is magnetic, all my previous vehicles AT plugs have been, which leads to the question; Why would it be more important to have a magnetic tip on the AT drain plug and extra ceramic magnets in the drain pan as opposed to magnetic plug and magnets in the engine oil drain pan? Do the MT trans have the same amount of ceramic magnets in their pans? Anyone want to chime in with AT info? Looking forward to answers.

Last edited:
Torquing that valve in will be a challenge, but I do want one.

Now, is there an easier way to get to the filter cartridge?

Funny how thinking it's time to change oil got me into thinking I want to unding the drivers door dent made when the door swung into my tool chest; that got me looking for videos of how to get into the door; then I saw a video showing how rinky dink the stock speakers are (haven't seen a whizzer cone sine the 70's); and I already had a plan to add the rear speakers; now I have new JBL front and rears in the mail; and so I still haven't pulled the panel to fix the ding.

I think making new projects for myself is my way of procrastination.

I have my original oil drain plug in my tool box and just checked it out. It is not magnetic.
Great question though. I am doing the Blue Room AT service next month and I bet the AT plug is magnetic, all my previous vehicles AT plugs have been, which leads to the question; Why would it be more important to have a magnetic tip on the AT drain plug and extra ceramic magnets in the drain pan as opposed to magnetic plug and magnets in the engine oil drain pan? Do the MT trans have the same amount of ceramic magnets in their pans? Anyone want to chime in with AT info? Looking forward to answers.
Plug is not magnetic, but there are 4 magnets in the bottom of the pan below the wire mesh filter.
Here they are stuck to my rear quarter panel when I did this the first time.
TransFlush_2013-12-14 (8).JPG

Funny how thinking it's time to change oil got me into thinking I want to unding the drivers door dent made when the door swung into my tool chest; that got me looking for videos of how to get into the door; then I saw a video showing how rinky dink the stock speakers are (haven't seen a whizzer cone sine the 70's); and I already had a plan to add the rear speakers; now I have new JBL front and rears in the mail; and so I still haven't pulled the panel to fix the ding.

I think making new projects for myself is my way of procrastination.

side note: I like the stock radio the FJammer or whatever it's called.

Drifting a bit off topic...

The stock radio in my '12 is lousy on a number of levels. Can't see the screen during the daytime; can't see the screen at night; pairing is a challenge even with the manual in hand; and any hope of playing from a playlist is an adventure into frustration. The only upside to the OEM clucker is Handsfree, once set up, works well enough. If any aftermarket had hands free that used the existing mic metod (headliner speakers?) and had the sound quality for hands free, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Hope they went back in the pan!
I know the reason they are there, servicing is much less frequent than engine oil, i just thought I would pose the question.. Doing the tranny service at 75K in about 6 or 8 weeks. Bought all the WS fluid and the strainer (filter) and gasket and the overflow bolt gasket. We have DeWalt thermal guns at work I can use to gauge the pan temp for refill. Will post up pics when I do this service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom