Eylar Rifle Case Storage Solution (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ever since buying my 100 a couple of weeks ago, one thing has bugged me. The lack of storage for my tow hitch, tools, ratchet straps and miscellaneous items. I sometimes haul a kayak trailer or just like to be prepared for whatever.

I do not run my third row seats as I have no use for them and like the cargo space. I am not an “overlander” without a built rig. So I have no desire for a drawer setup or sleeping platform. Nor am I a “gun guy.” Just a dude with a daily driver that needs some added storage.

I took measurements and after looking at 100’s of options, landed on this Eylar hard shell rifle case on Amazon. Dimensions seemed perfect and it came in grey, so I decided to give it a try. Basically a knockoff Chinese Pelican case.

It showed up today and it is absolutely perfect! Just what I was looking for! It’s pretty nice quality really. It’s heavy duty, comes with foam and has wheels if you want to roll it somewhere. Heavy enough it shouldn’t slide around.

I threw a few items in it just to show size and usefulness. I took the mid layer of foam out for more space. (It comes with three layers.) you could cut out foam for individual items if you wanted. We’ll see, I’ll probably just leave mine like this.

So, there it is folks. My storage idea. Maybe something you want to look into if you need a little extra storage. Picked it up for $154. Maybe it’s a lot for a plastic box but I like it.

Eylar 44 Inch Protective Roller Tactical Rifle Hard Case with Foam, Mil-Spec Waterproof & Crushproof, Two Rifles Or Multiple Guns, Pressure Valve with Lockable Fittings Gray Amazon product ASIN B081DBMHK4
2F88B4B0-2616-4482-B541-A5E9713E0A47.jpeg

4AB7CB86-D691-4B3A-B89F-CFFD99D85FB6.jpeg

A9367867-91D8-4A1B-B3BB-7578745371EC.jpeg

B4FC84DB-5A74-470D-AC85-5571C43999DC.jpeg

C45B4E26-4F17-46D7-98EC-13428CE19090.jpeg

I like how it fits nicely between the wheel wells. I just wouldn't want to store a case like that where people could see it through the windows. I do video/film production, and I move around a lot of pelican cases, but I don't park with them in a vehicle for long at all. I've seen too many smash n grabs happen to other people. You're not hauling hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of production gear around and it's not the worst thing in the world if they just get away with your recovery gear, but the vehicle damage could be bad if someone decides they want that case.

I like how it fits nicely between the wheel wells. I just wouldn't want to store a case like that where people could see it through the windows. I do video/film production, and I move around a lot of pelican cases, but I don't park with them in a vehicle for long at all. I've seen too many smash n grabs happen to other people. You're not hauling hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of production gear around and it's not the worst thing in the world if they just get away with your recovery gear, but the vehicle damage could be bad if someone decides they want that case.
Yes. All these things were considered.
I don’t live in a very crime prone area. Although you never know…
My windows are tinted pretty dark also.
I’ll probably throw a piece of carpet or a blanket over it just for an added measure.

Great, if you're not camping hoping you don't need to get to it under all your stuff. But i like the fit.

yup, you really want to cover this up with an old ugly tarp or something. Obvious gun cases have particular appeal to lowlifes. I am also storing gear in modified old power tool boxes but am always wary of leaving them out (who would turn down a free Milwaukee power tool, right...?).
Very nice fit but it may scratch your wheelwells if it moves around a lot.

Preach. Pelicans and Planos are like candy for folks will ill intent. Worth your while to consider a good tint if you're sold on this route.

Preach. Pelicans and Planos are like candy for folks will ill intent. Worth your while to consider a good tint if you're sold on this route.
She already dark.

D8EA36C1-5804-4DB4-91A4-44099C13A66B.jpeg

You gonna put a gun in it?

For tools a mechanics tool roll would save you a lot of space.

This. Gun case gets unnecessary looks.

Could have been solved cheaper as well. I prefer bags or a storage tote. Bags let you keep items grouped by function and easier to move between vehicles and store based on being more portable.

A gun case just seems like a strange way to carry no guns...

Ever since buying my 100 a couple of weeks ago, one thing has bugged me. The lack of storage for my tow hitch, tools, ratchet straps and miscellaneous items. I sometimes haul a kayak trailer or just like to be prepared for whatever.

I do not run my third row seats as I have no use for them and like the cargo space. I am not an “overlander” without a built rig. So I have no desire for a drawer setup or sleeping platform. Nor am I a “gun guy.” Just a dude with a daily driver that needs some added storage.

I took measurements and after looking at 100’s of options, landed on this Eylar hard shell rifle case on Amazon. Dimensions seemed perfect and it came in grey, so I decided to give it a try. Basically a knockoff Chinese Pelican case.

It showed up today and it is absolutely perfect! Just what I was looking for! It’s pretty nice quality really. It’s heavy duty, comes with foam and has wheels if you want to roll it somewhere. Heavy enough it shouldn’t slide around.

I threw a few items in it just to show size and usefulness. I took the mid layer of foam out for more space. (It comes with three layers.) you could cut out foam for individual items if you wanted. We’ll see, I’ll probably just leave mine like this.

So, there it is folks. My storage idea. Maybe something you want to look into if you need a little extra storage. Picked it up for $154. Maybe it’s a lot for a plastic box but I like it.

Eylar 44 Inch Protective Roller Tactical Rifle Hard Case with Foam, Mil-Spec Waterproof & Crushproof, Two Rifles Or Multiple Guns, Pressure Valve with Lockable Fittings Gray Amazon product ASIN B081DBMHK4
View attachment 2794293

View attachment 2794294

View attachment 2794295

View attachment 2794296

View attachment 2794297
Awesome! But needs moar MK12 and NVGs.

There’s this too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom