Extreme 4x: maximum slope? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Good shot of your nice skid plate. :rolleyes:

Reminds me, I need one.

[quote author=sleeoffroad link=board=2;threadid=6086;start=msg49130#msg49130 date=1065721819]
This is what happened on a realy easy run we did a couple of years ago. All that happened is that I scraped the rear flare.
[/quote]

hhhhmm....that's not the story that was told to me...I think the REAL pic says it all!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :cheers:

Woodmeister, that's funny. How did you un cover the Photoshop in the first pic? :rolleyes:

well, had a look at the movies (above) and some photos and it sure looks like some of these rigs can indeed go up to about 40-45 degrees or so without rolling. Wow! It's gotta be impressive being in there at the time.
No intention of getting close to that of course
interesting
thanks
Eric

I would be willing to bet that no production SUV can stay upright on a 45 degree slope with oversized tires OR a lift. Simple geometry says if the vehicle's CG is 36" above ground and its track is 6 feet, then at 45 degrees the CG is vertically in line with the downhill tire. I'm thinking 36" is a good guess for the 80's CG height, and the track width is LESS than 6 feet. Plus you have to add suspension sag, which would swing the CG beyond the downhill tire and - over you go. Add tools, buddies and gear and you'll go sooner. Anybody seen results of those static rollover tests the Guv is doing on US models? I'm curious to see what rollover angles are shaping up.

IdahoDoug

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom