External fan behind rear slide window??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've had my '97 LC for 6 years now. For the first time ever I was walking by the rear slide window with the doors all shut and the AC on. I noticed there is a fan blowing out air from the vents immeidately behind the slide window.

Can someone please explain what this is for, where the fans are located and if their are any maintenance issues I should be aware of?

Thanks!

Our rigs are sealed up pretty tight, if you put the climate controls on recirculate it goes away. It's just venting the stale air.

It's not fans, but positive pressure.

The vehicle is designed to have positive pressure inside it, and that's how they let the positive pressure out. Helps keep fumes/smoke/exhaust/smells/etc out of the cab.

Heh, is this why there's so much dust and sand in my inner rear driver side panel?

When I bought mine and took my rear panels off over the wheel wells in the back, I only had a lot of dirt/dust on the PS. Thought it was weird but I cleaned it up. Then later when I was doing a wiring job I seen the rear tail light on that side apparently had been removed before and the rubber seal was kinked. I took it off and straighten it out and the dust is gone. Looking from the inside of the vehicle I could see light through the crack. Someone was in a hurry putting it back together apparently.

Mine blows out the door handles lol. Have to check the vent thingies just for the hell of it now.

D

There is also significant pressure near the muffler bearings. The fan there should also be periodically checked for proper operation.

Dang!

There is also significant pressure near the muffler bearings. The fan there should also be periodically checked for proper operation.

Also make sure you keep an eye on your blinker fluid! :hmm: That's the #1 cause of premature bulb burn out! ;) :steer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom