Exterior door handle swap, WTF? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Had this happen on a front door and as I remember I had to rip open the door card to access the mechanism inside the door to open the door.
OK that sucks - so I would have to destroy the xard? I do have about a quarter size rust holes just below the key hole - wonder if I can stick something in there and release the latxh? Maybe one time rust is a benefit...

Considering how the mechanism seems to work I would think you could get a slim jim down past the window and instead of hooking the lock you could shoot for the connection to the latch. Right?

Considering how the mechanism seems to work I would think you could get a slim jim down past the window and instead of hooking the lock you could shoot for the connection to the latch. Right?
Thanks for this suggestion

Weird update: after crawling in from the back seat and stopping at the gas station, out of habit I went to open door and it opened!

I now can hold the inside latch and bump slightly with my shoulder to open. Gonna take this as a windfall and change out the culprit part before the door changes its mind!

😛

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom