Extent of corrosion? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Or he can get a 80 series for a relatively low price!

33F531C9-5635-40EA-AB7F-A77AB13CF2A1.png

And if you are willing to take a trip to Australia and import something home....well then be prepared for the dam release

Way too much for that truck. I went to LA and drive mine back to va. 0 rust. 6500.00
D710B9C7-235E-4D0D-B235-32D427BC3FE5.jpeg

I got mine.....a Southwestern truck....from a used toyota dealer in Colorado for $8500. No cancer...small amounts of surface rust where the paint was baked off but nothing requiring patching or real body work.

1573176258779.png

Apparently you can only get a deal on root beer ones :)

That root beer color is so freaking sweet. I wanted to go that route on my repaint but the wife liked Dune Beige...
I'd sell my dune beige one for $12,000 although my wife will be pissed. Its 95% ready to roll and there is a build thread on it.
just throwing that out there.... Its not actually for sale but money talks.

Mrmacdugal - searching for your builds now! Maybe I will be interested!

Rodrigzcrzr - that is one amazing restoration! Well done!

@GoatWorthy all good things come to those who wait. You'll find your Cruiser. It will happen.

The rust aspect of these vehicles is something that most everyone has to deal with. Also its a myth that California vehicles are rust free. My 89' FJ62 has spent its life in CA and it has rust. There are plenty of rusty rigs out here. We just might have less rust than East Coast rigs. But we still have rust nonetheless!

If Californians do get salt underneath it may be a while before driven In the rain again to wash it off. Salt could come from exposure at the coast or driving up the mountains in winter.

That’s kind of true there is a lot of us who got great deals on our root beer rigs.
I did as well.
$800

View attachment 2128346

View attachment 2128347
I paid 1-1/2 times what you paid for a rust-free southern Nevada FJ60 - $1,200. Complete except for the 2F. It now has more FJ62 parts than FJ60 parts, but the body and frame are truly rust-free. It pretty much looked like this when I bought it:

1573266731013.png

I never waxed this puppy either, just a good wash.

I paid 1-1/2 times what you paid for a rust-free southern Nevada FJ60 - $1,200. Complete except for the 2F. It now has more FJ62 parts than FJ60 parts, but the body and frame are truly rust-free. It pretty much looked like this when I bought it:

View attachment 2128472

I never waxed this puppy either, just a good wash.
Looks great!

I hope @GoatWorthy finds what he wants. And doesn’t pay up the nose for one with a lot of rust. Or just simply over pay for one.
I think if he is patient he will find something worth fixing and dropping that money or less on fixing the way he wants.
Good luck
And keep on looking!

These are some great builds!

Agreed patience is the greatest virtue here. Re-opened the search aperture and have already found some potentials. Don’t mind waiting and would like to find one of the cheaper end with a solid foundation. Frees up money to build it my way.

This will be our first cruiser and the wife really wants to learn to work on it so getting one in need of mechanical stuff works out both ways.

When I find one I’ll post it up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom