Extending the wheelbase? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I don't know if that classifies as a 'rollbar', but i'm assuming that you aren't thinking about going topless, so it doesn't matter anyway.
As i've mentioned, i'm not 100% on the 'no door' regulations.

Brilliant!
I have a feeling that my shackles are longer than standard (PO home made jobbie), and i'm still having caster issues - does that make sense or have i done something wrong somewhere along the lines?

On that topic... what is the recommended way of solving the shock mount issue? As mine sits, the rear shocks are on a shocking angle! (pun intended!)

Reversed OEM springs need slightly longer shackles to maintain OEM caster and pinion angle. You can still go too long and wind up with insufficient caster.

For your rear shocks, just relocate the upper mounts to the rear of the cross member.

Mark...

Thanks Mark... just quickly though... what's the easiest way to 'relocate' the upper mounts?

Weld new pins on the back side of the crossmember.

Mark...

I don't know if that classifies as a 'rollbar', but i'm assuming that you aren't thinking about going topless, so it doesn't matter anyway.
As i've mentioned, i'm not 100% on the 'no door' regulations.

Why wouldn't i think about it? Would i be asking all these Q's if i didnt want to? :lol:

Hell yeah i'd like to see how it looks and drives topless.
Why wouldn't it be classified as a "rollbar" ? :confused:

I'm no engineer, but i've never heard of a 2 point roll cage :hmm:.
Where are your seatbelts mounted?

Seatbelts are a piece of equipment on the car that aids in passenger safety during an accident... I highly recommend that you don't wear one.

Why wouldn't i think about it? Would i be asking all these Q's if i didnt want to? :lol:

Hell yeah i'd like to see how it looks and drives topless.
Why wouldn't it be classified as a "rollbar" ? :confused:

Because it is nowhere near sturdy enough for that purpose and would not protect you in the event of a roll.

The OEM "roll bar" is not really up to the task in any severe roll at highway speed either. But that headache rack in the bed does not even begin to qualify as a roll bar.

Mark...

Because it is nowhere near sturdy enough for that purpose and would not protect you in the event of a roll.

The OEM "roll bar" is not really up to the task in any severe roll at highway speed either. But that headache rack in the bed does not even begin to qualify as a roll bar.

Mark...

Well that might be something i'd have to look into.

But since it doesn't have seat belts... pretty sure ill be no where near the Truck if she ever did roll... :D
And out of the 8 vehicles i currently own, only 2 of them have seat belts, so im pretty used to this sorta thing by now.

Anyways sorry for high jacking your thread. Sorry and ill let it get back to discussing wheelbase extension.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom