Trade Extended Range Tank for Stock w/ Tire Carrier (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just pulled this from my 79 last night- no leaks and the sending unit has worked over the 10 years I've had it. Im looking for a 1976 - 1980 stock tank and spare tire carrier complete (not rotten of course).

I'm in the freight business so I can send this out on a pallet/gaylord and you can send the swapped parts back the same way to me.

Thanks

Screen Shot 2020-09-29 at 8.44.59 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-29 at 8.45.10 AM.png

I've always assumed it was 50-55 but I really have never confirmed... that assumption comes from reading other posts here.

I might have interest. I have the stock tank and the spare tire carrier from a '77. Can someone tell me how many gallons the stock tank is?

Thanks.

I've been using a 55 gal. tank in the Slow 71 and have found it to be a great thing to have for the driving we do. Many times on these extended camping trips have I thanked the pig angels that I had it. I did smack it one time in Moab and after that trip built a 1/4" skid plate for it and of course never dragged it since. Yeah, it's a lot of weight, but you'll be carrying an extra couple jerry cans anyway and that sucks. I'd stick that thing on the shelve and save it, you never know when your plans for the pig will change and you're out four or five days looking for a station or on the other hand, somebody snag it quick before he changes his mind. :)

I probably also have a spare tire carrier and stock tank from a 77 or 78. Second in-line?

Ok everyone... I realize I should probably keep it and just put it on the shelf but I've got enough "just in case" car parts filling up my shop space and this one is not exactly small. I suppose I could sell it but that's not what this is about- if someone can help me accomplish my goal and theirs at the same time it's a win IMO.

Rush55 was the first to respond so he's first inline and we're just trying to confirm he can pull together all the parts. If he/we can't make it work I'll run down the list in order of who has reached out.

Thanks to everyone here for their contribution to the madness!

So in order; Rush55, LifeLong40Fan and gonzopancho

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom