Extended Brake Lines - Yes, I searched (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Darwood said:
I don't know about the MAF lines, but the Slee ones have a coating around the steel braid so most likely what ever problem you had (since you seemed to have forgotten that part) won't happen. I'm assuming yours started to break down/leak?

Forgotten that part???? Read my post. I tore them off in brush. Three of them in one year. No coating would prevent this. Can't say it much plainer.
Not Man-A-Fre or Slee. Earls. Long time reputation in the racing community for making quality brake lines. No breakdown or leakage involved, Until the line pulled out of the fitting and became two parts instead of one. Then they leaked plenty. ;)

Apparently the ends are not secured as strongly in the braided steel lines as they are in the OEM rubber lines. I had heard this from other sources before I had my own problems with them. My experience cerainly does not prove otherwise.

Mark...

CDan passed along using Taco rear brake line as a good sub. I used one on my 91 and it works fine. No bling like the SS braded but it works. I think it was from a 2000 model year. PM CDan if you need to cost is cheap compaired to SS.

so...these will work? how long are they? im looking for something that'll be about 24" long...trying to avoid getting custom stainless lines

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom