Extended Brake Lines/ Shackle reversal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have a set of MAF extended brake lines you can have if you want to get started this weekend. I haven't had the time to put them on, and don't have time to "wheel" right now either so it is not an issue.

Hey everyone,

Finished my Shackle Reversal on Saturday. It was pretty easy to do with all the tools available. It took about 4 hours. I will do a write up and include all the pics as soon as I have my paycheck on Friday.

alpendubber said:
Hey everyone,

Finished my Shackle Reversal on Saturday. It was pretty easy to do with all the tools available. It took about 4 hours. I will do a write up and include all the pics as soon as I have my paycheck on Friday.

keep us posted with your pics ... and ride impresions .. :D

Congrats !!!

Here are some pics of the install. The only trouble I ran into was the fact that I ran my uncut long ass Ubolts from the Ironman lift into some rocks. I thought I would be able to maybe heat them and bend them straight..no luck. So, I found myself in the exact position that MAF's directions talk about. In somebody elses shop, broken Ubolts, nobody in town with new ones. I had to wing it for now and use round ones instead of square. I haven't driven far, just home from the shop and it sat all week. I just ordered new ones, along with longer shocks.
DSCN1153.JPG
DSCN1157.JPG
DSCN1158.JPG

some more
DSCN1160.JPG
DSCN1162.JPG
DSCN1163.JPG

This Noble was parked a bit too close for comfort when welding and cutting! They said to be careful not to scratch it. HA HA
DSCN1151.JPG
DSCN1152.JPG

hey the only ones I could find on ebay were tj/yj shackles and I wonder if I could fabricate them to my 60?

thanks
sean

alpendubber said:
Here are some pics of the install. The only trouble I ran into was the fact that I ran my uncut long ass Ubolts from the Ironman lift into some rocks. I thought I would be able to maybe heat them and bend them straight..no luck. So, I found myself in the exact position that MAF's directions talk about. In somebody elses shop, broken Ubolts, nobody in town with new ones. I had to wing it for now and use round ones instead of square. I haven't driven far, just home from the shop and it sat all week. I just ordered new ones, along with longer shocks.

Question...? did you ever install your stock bumper on it? I have the same kit and decided to install my front bumper back on and the holes don't line up because of the extra 1/8 " (or whatever) of the new s/r mount plate. LOL I guess I can drill out new holes on the bumper but I don't remember MAF printing anything that said the stock bumper won't go back on with out mods.

S&S,

I did not try to reinstall my bumper, I'm just going to leave it off until I get an ARB. I'm working on getting a front ARB, ARB side bars and rear ARB also a 5x8 Conferr roof rack....all used for 900.00 bucks. Just waiting impatiently for the return call.

sl33py,

The tires are 31x10.50's and super lame. I bought these tires for a JEEP project that went south. My fiance says I have to run them until I need new ones. I will put 34x10.50's with 4:56's. My rig see's about 100 miles a month maybe with no highway time, so I'm going skinny. Gotta love the mountain towns...everything is 3 blocks away, no need for driving.
DSCN1042.JPG

alpendubber said:
S&S,

I did not try to reinstall my bumper, I'm just going to leave it off until I get an ARB. I'm working on getting a front ARB, ARB side bars and rear ARB also a 5x8 Conferr roof rack....all used for 900.00 bucks. Just waiting impatiently for the return call.
alpendubber said:
S&S,

Let me know how that goes because I know the ARB also uses the stock mounting bolts and I think requires the ARB bumper to side into the C notched channels of the frame where now lies the bolts with nuts that the s/r brackets use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom