Extended brake line (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I bought my rig SAS'd so I don't know the history of the parts install. 86 4runner and 84 axle. I'm doing some PM for a trip coming up and the drivers side caliper is shot. I guess years of not being cleaned finally got to it. Went to pull of the hard line and the fittings just fell appart in the hands. Then I noticed the rubber line is cracked and nasty too.

So I want to replace all of it all the way to the reservoir. The hard line is common and I have a bender to make it what I need but I'm having a hard time finding the rubber line. It's 19" long but longer will do.

Does anyone have a part number or a year/make/model for a line that I can grab off the shelf locally that will work?

Ok so update. One very pissed off AutoZone cashier later I found a soft line 18.375 inches long. P/n is 77273 and it even fits the metal tabs that hold in the oem line.
Just for good measure I cut off the frame bracket and moved it to between the shock hoops to give me any length back I lost.

Ok so update. One very pissed off AutoZone cashier later I found a soft line 18.375 inches long. P/n is 77273 and it even fits the metal tabs that hold in the oem line.
Just for good measure I cut off the frame bracket and moved it to between the shock hoops to give me any length back I lost.

That's the factory line. If you were looking for longer lines ... that's not it.

My '84 came to me with the rear hose screwed into a front hose extensions. Worked fine, but was longer than needed and tended to get in the way of stuff like steering.

I replaced them with braided SS hoses that I assembled with parts bought from Orme Bros. Call them and tell them what you're wanting to do, do not try to order online. The braided hose sold these days comes with a clear or black polymer over-jacket. The only thing to add is a bit of adhesive lined heat-shrink covering the gap from the fitting to the over-jacket.
Categorically the ready-made braided hoses sold all have a tiny tube between the hose end and the crimp sleeve. I do not buy these and do not recommend them to anyone.

Some put 2 lines together, don't want brakeline to be limiting factor of axle flex. Sure to piss off autozone counter ppl. I get crazy looks when I get parts from them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom