Extended brake line for a 3" rear lift? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

OwnerCS

GOLD Star
Threads
Do I need an extended brake line for a 3" rear lift? What are must people on here using for an extended rear line?

I am using the Slee kit. I definitely needed to extend mine when I did a 3” lift.

Slee stainless braided brake line kit is a good option. I installed them a few months ago.

Somewhere on mud someone has listed some brake line part numbers and applications. On my '06, there are two lines, one is longer than the other, so I put the longer of the two in place of the short one and only had to buy one new line. It was a Tundra application, fit perfectly.

I'm having trouble locating an extended rear line. I may need to place a call somewhere.

I don’t think Slee sells the lines separately. They all just come in one package.

I see a Slee kit, listed on their site, but no indication of extended line length.

1596284216709.png

Fwiw- the benefit of stainless braided hoses is that they dont expand like standard hoses- so you get more direct and consistent pressure applied to the pistons-pads & rotors-(ie. no hydraulic pressure loss via hose expansion).

I also noticed after install that the time it takes the brake booster to prime is 7 to 8 seconds faster; which if you follow the booster failure thread you know the impact of longer run times.

Not all braided hoses are the same, especially the the end fittings: there are various quality levels that impact fitment some tend to leak. Im not pushing Slee lines but they installed with out a leak or any issues.

Last edited:
Fwiw- the benefit of stainless braided hoses is that they dont expand like standard hoses- so you get more direct and consistent pressure applied to the pistons-pads & rotors-(ie. no hydraulic pressure loss via hose expansion).

I also noticed after install that the time it takes the brake booster to prime is 7 to 8 seconds faster; which if you follow the booster failure thread you know the impact of longer run times.

Not all braided hoses are the same, especially the the end fittings: there are various quality levels that impact fitment some tend to leak. Im not pushing Slee lines but they installed with out a leak or any issues.

I'm with you on stainless line quality. I've seen some well known stainless lines rupture at the fittings on Tacomas and perform worse than stock lines.

When I lifted my Tacoma, the only "must have" extended lingth line for the rear diff like the one in the picture.

1596285833996.png

Need? No.
Depends on suspension. I have the Slinky/Icon stage 4 and when we installed it and the truck was still on the lift with the rear axle completely hanging, the stock rear brake line was stretched way beyond normal. I bet it would tear in a minute on the trails hitting big dips. In my case it was definitely needed.

Depends on suspension. I have the Slinky/Icon stage 4 and when we installed it and the truck was still on the lift with the rear axle completely hanging, the stock rear brake line was stretched way beyond normal. I bet it would tear in a minute on the trails hitting big dips. In my case it was definitely needed.

I would buy the Slee kit in a minute if I knew the rear line would cover a 3: lift.

Give them a call. I forgot if I had to give them special instructions to extend the rear line or if it just came like that.

Give them a call. I forgot if I had to give them special instructions to extend the rear line or if it just came like that.

Thank you!

I would buy the Slee kit in a minute if I knew the rear line would cover a 3: lift.
Its plenty long (more than enough hose) for your application.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom