Expo & camping? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

for those of you headed up Thursday, check out the KC Highlights instagram or facebook pages. They are hosting a happy hour at their factory Thursday night.

The bar scene at Fort Tuttle County Park is pretty lame....as in non-existent. There are sponsored happy hours in the evenings and no lack of libations and fun among the campers.

When I went last year the on-site campground was almost full early Friday morning (I do the 3-day overland experience), so this year I'm heading up Thursday. You can check in up until 6:00pm Thursday night. If anyone else is camping on the expo grounds I'm game for a CSC rendezvous.
There are 3 of us so far meeting in Chandler on Thursday to head up.

for those of you headed up Thursday, check out the KC Highlights instagram or facebook pages. They are hosting a happy hour at their factory Thursday night.
And the OVRLND Camper team will be bringing a few kegs of Historic Beer (from Flagstaff) over for the evening.

No volunteering this year. Just going to hang out with friends and enjoy the show

Please stop and say hi of you're in the neighborhood! We're in booth P78 on the main walkway, just east of the entrance to the food court.

We're bringing this '69 FJ40 and '87 FJ60 that have both just been mechanically restored, plus this '72 FJ40 FST that is about to get the same attention.

IMG_20190429_211349_777.jpg

Our Tiny House Tundra will be at the 4 Wheel Campers area for anyone who likes flat bed Tundras. :)

Cheers!

DSC_0016.JPG

Last edited:
I doubt I'll attend this year, $40 for a ticket to have a captain cook (look) at the product is simply too steep.

I doubt I'll attend this year, $40 for a ticket to have a captain cook (look) at the product is simply too steep.

I am in the same boat there. $40 for a day pass is getting out of hand, and if you are going for any kind of show deals, it would have to be better than $40 off to make it pan out. I am still planning to camp at this point, but may be Mtn biking instead of Expoing.

Dang. I was looking forward to this, but yeah, $40 is steep to walk around and look at vendors.

Not counting the $10 for parking.

Plus the 2.5 year old who will want to bail in an hour. "Let's go to different playground"

Might still take him camping somewhere.

Last edited:
Wow, $50 for the day plus camping huh?

Roughly $30 Friday, $40 Saturday, $20 Sunday............plus any camping fees.

My brother-in-law and I are going to be taking our kids up for Saturday. We might try out camping if we knew some others going... but camping in the Expo area is already booked solid and too rich for our blood anyway.

Is this camping near Lake Mary just as easy as hopping off the forest road somewhere and pitching tents?

My brother-in-law and I are going to be taking our kids up for Saturday. We might try out camping if we knew some others going... but camping in the Expo area is already booked solid and too rich for our blood anyway.

Is this camping near Lake Mary just as easy as hopping off the forest road somewhere and pitching tents?
Once you get a little ways down the road, it is all open camping. A passenger car could get there if you took it slow.

I'm going to find somewhere to camp Friday night. We'll head out after I pick Graham up from school. Probably won't drive all the way to Flag.

Driving down from Portland in a white troopy that will be at the Goose Gear booth.

My friend Pat who is a new member of your club will drive up from Scottsdale. Stop by and say hello. Pat drives a pretty stock grey 62. You may have met him at one of your meetups.

Rodney.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom