Explore Nevada 2011 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I need to hook up with you guys too. I do a lot of exploring, mostly when hunting. I need to see some new country. I know most of the northeast and central, but nothing in the west.

Well its not a Toyota but this is my new "toy". Got it for $500, found it on Craigslist. Needs minor work, but runs great. Has 334K miles :D
IMG_6887.jpg

Holy thread revival.:p

One of my pictures made it to the frontpage of the www.http://forum.buschtaxi.org/ as a headline picture! :cool:

Nevada and Andys cruiser have reached the german buschtaxi friends!:cheers:

buschtaxi_header.jpg

*Where all roads end, the fun starts!*

Hahahaha. I hear ya! Come on down to one of our runs led by Robert. You will see what I mean. Hurry up and wait will take on a whole new meaning!

Seriously, we just aren't that good at getting trips up and running. Day trips no problem, but anything more than that nobody ever seems interested. Exploring Nevada offroad for multiple days with just one vehicle doesn't thrill me.

The only thing organized about our trips is the food

Regards

Alvaro

The only thing organized about our trips is the food

Regards

Alvaro
It's all about getting your priorities straight. :lol:

Seriously, "an army marches on it's stomach" is a true-ism. You can suffer through a whole lot of bad s*** with a smile on your face if you have a belly full of good food. And if everyone is happy it makes for a good trip for all.

A good example is one trip Joanne and I made to Death Valley during which we wound up camping at Stove Pipe Wells. If you've never camped there it is about like camping in the parking lot at Wal Mart. This could easily put one or the other of us into a funk. However we had some chicken we grilled the night before and a big bag of chopped lettuce etc., we made a fantastic Ceaser salad and ate it as the sun went down. A bottle of Cab also lightened the mood;).

Heh..our first time in DV was near Thanksgiving a few years ago, we drove through Stovepipe near sunset to get to Furnace Creek. Stovepipe smelled seriously bad. I don't mean like the geothermal rotten egg smell. I mean like a broken sewer line at an Indian restaurant. It made me think of Cousin Eddie emptying the RV tank into the storm drain. I don't know what happened. We got our sunset picture then departed, glad that we brought the fast wagon with the cabin air filter.

Last edited:
Right on Duncane! Happy New Year!

Great Video-worth the wait.

Post it up in the Events section where more will see it.--EDIT: Never mind, I did it already

And the 40 lives again! But only to be driven under adult supervision!

Last edited:
Great Video-worth the wait.

Post it up in the Events section where more will see it.--EDIT: Never mind, I did it already

And the 40 lives again! But only to be driven under adult supervision!

lol andy !! excellent !!...did you finally found why the engine break ?
and don't say it's because of kids....

lol andy !! excellent !!...did you finally found why the engine break ?
and don't say it's because of kids....

Bad #5 Rod bearing.

I saw the video over the long weekend. It's definitely a French Land Cruiser video. A little slow, but beautifully made. It was really fun remembering all those places. We need to go back there again.

Regards

Alvaro

I saw the video over the long weekend. It's definitely a French Land Cruiser video. A little slow, but beautifully made. It was really fun remembering all those places. We need to go back there again.

Regards

Alvaro

what is the difference between a french video and a US video my friend ? :)

I'd like to take you guys across the northern section west to east...and end up in the greater Jarbidge area someday before even more land gets roped off. Jack, Darcie and my friend Gary did this in early July 2010 after trying to do the same and getting cancelled/busted by snow/ice/mud 2-3 years in a row prior. Its a journey that could occupy 2-full weeks without getting bored!

Lots of Nevada to explore.

Explore NV 2010 1.001.jpg

Explore NV 2010 2.001.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom