Explore Nevada 2011 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That was a truly awesome trip. I would do that one again in a heart beat including the areas that we didn't get to. I think this will be another "late" year for the high country (unless, I just jinxed it...)

Jack

I'd sure like to...if I could do it by merely wishing :D...instead of trying to manage my trainwreck :rolleyes:

OTOH we'd have to find another 40-Series to kill :D

Remembering that trip and found some interesting news about Middlegate Station.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/flyoverpics/the-last-roadhouse

Middlegate Station is an old Pony Express roadhouse in Nevada along America's Loneliest Road.

Middlegate provides essential food, gas, and lodging to ranchers, miners, military, tourists, and truckers passing though "the middle of nowhere." Far off the power grid and powered 24/7 by a diesel generator, Middlegate's future is in doubt after years of rising fuel costs. They've applied for several clean energy grants, but so far have been unsuccessful in finding funding for solar power.

The people of Middlegate are not looking for a handout. They're trying to access the same grants, loans, incentives, or subsidies available to on-grid communities for renewable energy implementation.

I wish they can raise enough $$ to exist some further decades, that place is a piece of history. :cheers:

^ good information Peter! I cherish the memories from that trip, daily sometimes, and my compadres that made each portion of the trip so much fun and interesting ;). And then there was the incredible food. And of course, our last swan song together at Middlegate.

It was an honor having you and the Frenches along!!! I can only hope we get to do something like it together again someday!

^ good information Peter! I cherish the memories from that trip, daily sometimes, and my compadres that made each portion of the trip so much fun and interesting ;). And then there was the incredible food. And of course, our last swan song together at Middlegate.

It was an honor having you and the Frenches along!!! I can only hope we get to do something like it together again someday!

Well, you have your chance starting May 2. Peter is joining up with us at the end of CM for our Utah explore. We're getting the band back together, man...;)

Who's driving your 40?

:lol:

Guys , i need an offroad trip :)
is there someone having a trip in august ? ,
sebastian said to me there is maybe somes of you going to dusy ershim

Rubithon has been moved !
AUGUST 14 – 18, 2019

The Rubicon Trail is one of the most challenging and threatened trails in the US. It will test your nerve, your driving skill and your vehicle!

Unlike many other events, there is only one trail that leads to the Rubicon Springs. The Runs are just groups that will be departing from different starting points, on different days and are either a 1 or 2 day trip into Rubicon Springs. Read More About The Event

I think there would be a lot of interest in a trip that spans California and Nevada on dirt roads and stops by significant landmarks. This exact trip route comes up quite often in the meetings. Biggest problem is scheduling. Many people have to schedule 3-6 months in advance or they cannot go, others work jobs that often change schedules cancelling long term plans.

Awesome trip!! Myself and 3 others did a cross Nevada border to border all dirt roads trip in 2014. Left from Reno headed toward the black rock desert, through Jarbidge and ended up in Montello. 800 miles of dirt, took us 4 days to do it. I'd love to join or help plan if this ever became a reality. I've grown up in the mountains of northern Nevada. If anyone is interested in our trip from 2014, I have a thread on Tacoma world. The trip starts on page 23.

Awesome trip!! Myself and 3 others did a cross Nevada border to border all dirt roads trip in 2014. Left from Reno headed toward the black rock desert, through Jarbidge and ended up in Montello. 800 miles of dirt, took us 4 days to do it. I'd love to join or help plan if this ever became a reality. I've grown up in the mountains of northern Nevada. If anyone is interested in our trip from 2014, I have a thread on Tacoma world. The trip starts on page 23.

I would love to do something like this!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom