Experience with SOR 2F (FJ40) Motor Mounts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone have any experience with and comments or reviews on using the SOR aftermarket 2F/FJ40 Motor Mounts?

I just bought a set and they seem really hard and ridged. I don’t know if that’s normal or not. I expected them to be hard rubber but these things seem almost like bricks, with almost no movement or flexibility at all. The donut shaped mounts are as hard as hockey puck.

Any comments or feedback on experience with these mounts is appreciated.

Holding up/restraining a 2F is a lot of work. I will grudingly suspect that SOR got it right on these, and that they'll be fine.

Obviously, most of us are running 40 year old motor mounts that aren't exactly pliable either. With the lack of NVH efforts on FJ40s, would anyone notice if the motor mount rubber was fairly hard? (Not trying to be a wise guy - it seems an honest question).

Holding up/restraining a 2F is a lot of work. I will grudingly suspect that SOR got it right on these, and that they'll be fine.

Obviously, most of us are running 40 year old motor mounts that aren't exactly pliable either. With the lack of NVH efforts on FJ40s, would anyone notice if the motor mount rubber was fairly hard? (Not trying to be a wise guy - it seems an honest question).
Good comments. I just thought the idea of the motor mounts was to provide a little insulation to the engine and components from the road vibration and shock. It just seemed to me if they were overly hard and stiff it defeats the purpose. I guess I’ll assume that the weight of the engine will “soften” them up over time as they absorb that shock and vibration, assuming they don’t crack!

Interesting…. I discovered that these parts from SOR are marked with Toyota PNs! I don’t understand that, since they sell an OEM Kit for about $355 (unless they shipped the wrong kit, which would surprise me). I did confirm the PNs marked on the parts are the same ones Toyota sells. Go figure.

I recently got a set of aftermarket (Japanese) mounts from a different, highly respected, vendor and they are also very hard. I would say you’re good.

Interesting…. I discovered that these parts from SOR are marked with Toyota PNs! I don’t understand that, since they sell an OEM Kit for about $355 (unless they shipped the wrong kit, which would surprise me). I did confirm the PNs marked on the parts are the same ones Toyota sells. Go figure.

Fwiw, many/most of the aftermarket rubber import motor mounts also have a Toyota number stamped in the rubber. Not uncommon for many aftermarket import and Japanese manufactures to use the Toyota numbers, very common in fact.

For example the confirmed aftermarket 2F mounts we stock @ Cruiser Outfitters also have the Toyota number in them but they are different than the Japanese made OEM Toyota mounts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom