Experience with E Bay rear spoiler ?!? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I also got an eBay spoiler for my black LX, stuck with the OEM like style, thought about the bigger one that Cloz and Mongoose has but i was afraid it's going to hit my rack.

48027698982_30a4b09e6a_h.jpg

Would you recommend doing this even if you don't know too much about wiring/etc? Pretty straight forward?

There's nothing hard about it, your factory LED brake light will have 2 wires going to it, cut that out, and connect that to the new spoiler's LED wires and it'll work, test out the wires first, if it doens't work the first time you might have to switch the wires around because of the polarity of LEDs.

Ok i finally got a job and have some spare money (I am in school so I am broke most the time) and I am going to be ordering one in the next week or so. Can someone link the exact painted spoiler they purchased? I see there are a lot from different sellers, but i want to be sure that the one i buys comes with a solution for the third brake light. Whether this is a cap or a piece built into the spoiler, let me know in whatever you link. Thanks everyone!

I also got an eBay spoiler for my black LX, stuck with the OEM like style, thought about the bigger one that Cloz and Mongoose has but i was afraid it's going to hit my rack.

48027698982_30a4b09e6a_h.jpg
Hi do you have the link to your wing? I’ve been wanting the smaller one for mine! Thanks

@DJCloz , what vendor did you purchase from on ebay, can't find wingtech painted abs plastic, if that's the one you used. Interested in the larger one like yours.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. In their ebay listing, the first and third pic is the smaller version, seems like they have their pics mixed up.

@DJCloz how is it holding up 2 years later? My 01 LX has the little blade type rear spoiler that has a lot of sun fade on it. I am wondering if this eBay spoiler has good quality paint and if it mounts to the factory mounting points?

@ClassyJalopy truth be told, I sold that rig after only having it 1 year. Needed to do some remodeling at home. I wish I had not. It was a really clean, low miles truck. I'm sure it's worth even more now. Sold with 115k miles? I did recently hear from the new owner and he said the whole truck was doing great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom