Expedition websites/magazine (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Great stuff!

Great links and info.
I had nothing to do with starting the thread but I sure learned a lot!
Thanks...

:)
Ed

There is a new "forum" type website for discussing vehicle dependent expeditions. Scott, aka Expeditionswest here, is running the site. Great guy, and really knows his stuff. Plus other people to bounce ideas off, and cheaper than another magazine.

www.expeditionportal.com

Also you can now get a newer edition of Tom Sheppard's book. Not quite as cool as having an original version. The earthroamer guy is selling them for a decent price, less than $100 if I remember correctly.

www.earthroamer.com

Last edited:
I KNOW I DIDN'T PAY THAT MUCH!!!

:doh:

I guess the price has gone up a bit.

As Exiled mentioned, Australian 4WD Monthly rocks.

cover79.jpg

It's packed with over 250-pages of expedition discussions, vehicle outfitting and 4x4 vehicles, mostly Toyotas, but others are featured as well. It's probably my favorite offroad mag to read, along with Toyota Trails.

In France they have a full blown mag for Cruisers only, which is a lot like the Aussie mags. I'll have to dig the last issue up, there also some some nice cruiser shops over there and Northern Africa isn't that far away. If you're ever in Nimes France go see the guys at Le Dream Team, they make some serious rear drawer systems, aluminum skid plates, and they import cruisers from Africa.

blupaddler said:
...Also you can now get a newer edition of Tom Sheppard's book. Not quite as cool as having an original version. The earthroamer guy is selling them for a decent price, less than $100 if I remember correctly.

www.earthroamer.com

Back from the dead...

He wants $250 each for them now... Amazon has one listing for $750.

Anyone have a cheap lead??

No idea for a cheap lead.

But, you might want to get one while you can. From what I have heard the 2nd edition is selling out. There is talk about a third...

Or...Do you know anyone in England? Maybe they could source one? :D

blupaddler said:
...Or...Do you know anyone in England? Maybe they could source one? :D

There was one in England for 95pounds... but thats still $150+ by the time is makes it to the US :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom