Expedition Overland to feature Regearing Landcruiser 100 & 2013 Taco for Season 2 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Letsgomoreplaces

Gear & Axle parts for ALL Toyotas new or old...
GOLD Star
Threads
Website
www.letsgomoreplaces.com
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Xoverland Nitro Gear Install: http://www.xoverland.com/videos/nitro-gears-and-air-lockers-installed/[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]http://www.xoverland.com/videos/nitro-gears-and-air-lockers-installed/[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

2013-03-11_09-09-26_31.jpg

xoverland diff.jpg

sweet vid

sweet vid

Clay and company are great, like the series a lot. The Tacoma is getting most of the love right now. Would like to know more about the 100

What year is the 100 they use? I never see A-TRAC kick in when they get stuck.

What year is the 100 they use? I never see A-TRAC kick in when they get stuck.

Wait What? The ATRAC is on non-stop on that thing. You need to look closer. I was yelling at the TV the other night at them for not engaging the lockers and loosing momentum in the mud.

It's a 2000 model.

Ok. Maybe it is their driving style. 100 always seems to have trouble. ;)

They need to hook the trailer to the taco.

Cool, like their episodes. Wish there were more shows like it.. The All 4 Adventure show is great also, but the DVDs are so expensive, I haven't watched much.

Ok. Maybe it is their driving style. 100 always seems to have trouble. ;) They need to hook the trailer to the taco.

Exactly, let the Taco be the beast of burden for a while

To be fair I don't think many of the cast are experienced 4x4 drivers, but they did spend the time to install lockers in the 100 (taco has rear) so they ought to have used them more... Maybe in ep9 and beyond that changes. They are getting good with MaxTrax :) I'd leave the trailer on the 100.

To be fair I don't think many of the cast are experienced 4x4 drivers, but they did spend the time to install lockers in the 100 (taco has rear) so they ought to have used them more... Maybe in ep9 and beyond that changes. They are getting good with MaxTrax :) I'd leave the trailer on the 100.

They seem like a great group of people having a lot of fun. Love to join them sometime.

I really like the show. I would love to get out there with them.

I was yelling at the TV the other night at them for not engaging the lockers and loosing momentum in the mud.

Wow..... did you wear your 100 Series jersey and clap when they finally made it past the obstacle too?

It's cool what they're doing, and they've got my support. And they even came all the way up the Dalton Hwy to where I work in Deadhorse AK. But of each 28 minute episode I could just use about 20 minutes less talking about what they're going to do and just see some action. Overall great production value, it's free, and you can't beat the scenery!

Tech: The 100 shouldn't struggle much on what they're negotiating with just the center diff locked, axle lockers or no.

The regear should help. Interesting series. If they weren't packing the gear for video productio maybe that trailer would be unnecessary.

It's by far my favorite show. Though it does make me a little jealous. Would love to do a trip like that.

. . . But of each 28 minute episode I could just use about 20 minutes less talking about what they're going to do and just see some action. Overall great production value, it's free, and you can't beat the scenery!

Couldn't agree more!

I don't know about those mosquitoes though. What a pain!

Back to tech, nice to see the 100 featured at least. Who knows, maybe they'll put a SC in, in a future episode.

Its a good show, and its their show, so they can do what they want... however... I think that they would benefit with a much better following if they focused on not just more action, but also more technical items.

Heck, even if they devoted 5 minutes each episode to campfire cuisine, that would be something many of us would tune in for... along with maybe 5 minutes of detailed gear review.

But again, its their show, and still a good one!

Last edited:
Expedition Overland to feature Regearing Landcruiser 100 & 2013 Taco for Seas...

That show isn't about the trucks. It's about human beings living out a dream for three weeks and a couple of very nice Toyotas just happen to be a part of the storyline.

I'd be bored to bits if they started talking axles, lift options, rock crawling and tires as a plot line. Lol. C'mon man.

Staying on topic I called justdiff to get advice. Very cordial and pro so wouldn't hesitate to give them my business except I'm not yet convinced that the 5.7 200 LC needs them given that it has plenty of go so there is very little hunting/hesitation at any speed. Torque is plentiful with my 33s. I'm also averse to going in for elected surgery when the
stock setup is factory backed.

I'll reassess when my 2014 truck is out of warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom