Exhausting Exhaust Questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So as I have stated before, I know really nothing about the exhaust system....I know that's where the bad stuff comes out, and that's about it. Oh yeah, and don't breath in that stuff too much. I can't find much talk of the exhaust system in the FSM, so here goes the questions. So I've noticed a rattle on start-up and idle after returning from a trail and upon further inspection noticed the source, the rubber mount just behind the cat is torn. What do I need to replace, the top half or the bottom half, or both. Thanks for your help.

Upon further inspection, I noticed a section of the pipe just above the rear axle that seemed a bit compressed, the pic doesn't quite show the damage, but is this something I should be concerned about?

And finally, noticed something that I'm just curious as to what it is. It's just above the resonator and can be grabbed from the PS rear wheel well. No clue as to what it is or what it's for, just checking. Thanks.

#1 The mounting is a rubber piece with four studs coming out of it. I haven't replaced the one in that exact spot but the one near the muffler is easy. The one in the rear is hard to get at without removing the bumper-ette. It is just a matter of how much play you have to slip the old out and new in. If I remember correctly that are about $12 each. You might want to do all of them.

#2 The tailpipe comes from the factory looking like it is crushed as it goes over the axle. You also notice another heat shield bolted about that area.

#3 That is a counter balance used to cut down on the exhaust resonating.

I will supplement Phil's expert testimony with the part number of the mount :D

17567-17010 (for 1FZ), list $14.55 ea. Three per vehicle.

17567-61030 (for 3FE), list $19.67 ea. Three per vehicle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom