Exhaust system experience (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I had the head rebuilt, changed head gasket, ohh, new radiator, all buttoned up but now I need an exhaust system (manifolds back). What has been your experience with some of the offerings on rock auto? I have a 97 40th ann. edition. The magnaflow is an option but the cheapest I can find it is $511.

do you want it to be quiet? I love straight 6 engine notes as much as the next guy, but the 1fz-fe doesn't have a particularly 'nice' sound. It's no 1jz or BMW I-6.

do you want it to be quiet? I love straight 6 engine notes as much as the next guy, but the 1fz-fe doesn't have a particularly 'nice' sound. It's no 1jz or BMW I-6.
I just need it to pass inspection in NY State. Stock is fine. I was looking at the Walker down pipe 54567and the second cat 16347.

I had the head rebuilt, changed head gasket, ohh, new radiator, all buttoned up but now I need an exhaust system (manifolds back). What has been your experience with some of the offerings on rock auto? I have a 97 40th ann. edition. The magnaflow is an option but the cheapest I can find it is $511.

If you need manifolds, get with @slow95z . The Magnaflow Y-pipe is worth the money. From there back, Walker or Bosal (I think BRE now?) is the cheap bolt-on option.

I am on my third Walker rear section. They're fine for what they are. I am not a huge fan of their mufflers. I found a low mile used OE muffler and put that on instead.

I have manifolds for sure. Not nearly as expensive as you would think.

I have all of that just not sure what shipping would be

Sounds nice at 5k RPM :D

I used 90179-08101 for the nuts. I'm guessing the studs aren't listed separately since they appear to be part of the muffler assembly.

1642870298220.png

I just replaced from the manifolds back 2 days ago (rusted system that constantly had to be patched and cats were no longer functional at 265k miles). Bought the Walker y-pipe, second cat, then did Boral cat-back system and had a local muffler shop install it all ($175). Now, while under acceleration, the y-pipe section sounds like there is an exhaust leak. So I took it back to that shop, they took a look and said they didn't feel any leaks. Has anyone else had any issues with the Walker y-pipe being louder than the original?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom