exhaust system and brake lines for 1991 fj80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello!! I have a two part question.... I recently purchased a 1991 LC that needs some love. Im searching the web for a couple things and have ran into some issues finding them. First I'm wondering if anyone has come across a complete set of pre-bent brake lines and second does anyone offer a pretty much complete exhaust package?? i'm having trouble finding either. The exhaust has been proven easier however I would need to piece parts from different sites and brands leading me to believe it would be a fitment nightmare!!! any help would be greatly appreciated!!

You have a couple of options on exhaust - they both suck. Bosal or Walker. Then it's only cat-back. Walker appears to be marginally better. If you have the funds and since you're in the NE, you would probably be better off having a local shop make you a stainless one. You can pick up the engine to cat from several people on here that part out, or hit up a local junkyard.

I have used the Walker before - got it from Summit Racing with free shipping.

Here's a good source for your brake stuff:

You have a couple of options on exhaust - they both suck. Bosal or Walker. Then it's only cat-back. Walker appears to be marginally better. If you have the funds and since you're in the NE, you would probably be better off having a local shop make you a stainless one. You can pick up the engine to cat from several people on here that part out, or hit up a local junkyard.

I have used the Walker before - got it from Summit Racing with free shipping.

Here's a good source for your brake stuff:

The fact that he's a 91 with a 3FE, I don't think those are options for exhaust.

Pretty much have a local rebuild the exhaust into a near original configuration using current available parts.

The original exhaust was 409SS, and you can use 304SS and it will probably be the last exhaust system you ever buy for it.
You can buy components and kits from Summit Racing, Walker, and Magnaflow. You will have to buy a piece-part kit and literally custom build it.

Also, go to these place to check availability on brake lines. Otherwise, you'll have to have those made.
www.partsouq.com
www.inlinetube.com

Shows the Bosal will work on the 3FE. I thought it was the same for 91-94?

91-92 come out the left side and are for the 3FE and split into two side by side cats and back into one muffler. I'm not sure if it's over or under the frame. I don't know where the O2 sensors are, or if there are any.

93-94 come out the right side and are for the 1FZ-FE and split into two side by side cats and back into one muffler, over the frame. O2 sensors are in front of the cats

95-97 come out the right side and are for the 1FZ-FE and has two inline cats back to a muffler UNDER the frame. O2 sensors are one in front and one in rear of cats.

I assumed it was the same from the cats back for 91-92 and 93-94; however, you're right - the whole set-up is different. Also, the 3FE uses oxygen sensors on the left and the right before the cats.

OP: Try CruiserParts or SOR or post a WANTED ad in the Classifieds Forum. I just got a great OE muffler for my 94 for a very reasonable price.

For the downpipes with new converters and O2 bungs:

Or, if you want the complete system in an OEM configuration:

With either option, you will want to use all new OEM hardware and donuts. Do not use the garbage that is supplied with the aftermarket parts.

how much of this stuff is interchangeable with a 1995? I found a wrecked 95 thats got some good parts to it that I need. I think the 95 exhausts are different but maybe i'm wrong, and they have 4 wheel disc brakes ??

how much of this stuff is interchangeable with a 1995? I found a wrecked 95 thats got some good parts to it that I need. I think the 95 exhausts are different but maybe i'm wrong, and they have 4 wheel disc brakes ??
Why would you screw around with used brake lines when you can buy new ones from Toyota? That makes zero sense to me.
Nothing in the exhaust will work from a later model 80.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom