exhaust smell (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello guys,
few months ago I had to change both catalytic converters because the old ones were fully damaged. So I bought BM catalysts but now an exhaust smell is exhaling both from the terminal of silencer and expecially from the right side of car.
I did a Techstream diagnosis but no DTCs were in ECU. In particular, I've attached two photos of Techstream, because in this way you could observe if there were abnormal parameters regarding catalytic converters.
In my opinion, I should have to change them but I'd like to get an advice from you about the problem on my car.

20211020_193143.jpg

20211020_193755.jpg

It appears you are correct. Especially if you think you have leaks. None of those voltage readings are normal at idle closed throttle closed loop.

It appears you are correct. Especially if you think you have leaks. None of those voltage readings are normal at idle closed throttle closed loop.
Hello jerryb:
what do think about Techstreen screenshhot on my car?
Is it correct to change catalyst converters?

i think that none of those voltages look acceptable. That doesn't mean change cats. Fix the leaks if you have them. I think you do.

i think that none of those voltages look acceptable. That doesn't mean change cats. Fix the leaks if you have them. I think you do.
On exhaust system there are no leaks.
When I chaged both conveters, no smell exhaled from exhaust system. Onlly recently smell is starting again.

I can give you an update about the problem: today I've checked gas exhaust by an analyzer and I verified that HC unburned hydrocarbons value was 200 ppm at idling. But when I cheked gas emission on Junary, soon after installation of new catalytic conveters, HC were 40 ppm and no gasoline smell there was.
Have I to re-change conveters again?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom