Exhaust Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I Am Thinkin Of Taking The Cat Off Of My 94 80 Series Does It Sound Good. Does Any One Have Tips On How To Get A Little Power Out Of The Exhaust While Sounding Good.

I don't think you will gain much, as todays cats are free flowing compaired to the cats of past. When I took off my cats to fix the exhaust leaks, all I saw was a set fo screan like material.
If you cat is not plugged, I think all you will get is stinky exhaust.

if i run a new muffler with out cats how will it do has anyone tried

all right can any one recomend a muffler that sounds good on a 94 fj80

Easy on the 'shift' button, Tex. 34 capital letters and two periods is eye-numbing.

I agree with the droning sound of non-stock exhaust. I've got the Borla cat back on my '95 from the PO and it is definitely loud and a little droning at freeway speeds. I kinda like it, personally, but I wouldn't feel bad going back to the stock setup once I bash it up on the rocks. Unfortunately, the droning noise is worst at 65, where I get my best mileage. Oh well, that's what the loud stereo is for.

do you have different muffler too

jaxcruiser said:
all right can any one recomend a muffler that sounds good on a 94 fj80

Hooker Aero Chamber 2 1/2" all the way through no cat, and headers.
that's what i've got on mine

thanks, do you know where they sell the hookers at because i've never seen them for my car.

Your in the USA not me, so it should be easy for you to get one. They aren't make for particular makes/models so just buy one and have an exhaust shop fit it up. http://www.holley.com/types.asp?type=448

thanx

hey gumby i just ripped my cat off and it sounds awesome i got a whole magnaflow system put in probably 10hp gain i am getting headers soon. and the exhaust smells good

did you ever get the headers?
how much did you pay for the magna set up?

RV80 said:
Hooker Aero Chamber 2 1/2" all the way through no cat, and headers.
that's what i've got on mine

The last time I was interested in a Hooker exhaust for my car, I think Jeg's carried them. This was back in the late 90's though. Hooker exhaust sound really good if you like a little bit louder exhaust.

I don't think there is ever a substanial gain in modifying and or removing exhaust components. There may be a 5% increase. I don't know the specifics behind every application.

I don't care for EGR however. Nothing like dumping dirty spent exhaust into the mix. But I guess it serves some purpose.

In the end, as the saying goes...."there's no replacement for cubic inch displacement".

Besides, in LandCruisers we enjoy and most prefer reliability, durability, torque and crawl ratios, not horsepower.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom