1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exhaust question

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by SALEH, Feb 24, 2007.

1. SALEH

SALEH

hi guys

i have LC 100 Series with 6 clyinder engine 4500 EFI and i am trying to found performance ( After Market) but still now i didnt found any source that can help me i ask some one he told meu have to use 80 series exaust because it is the same engine, so if u give me a source that can i check it please

2. Thermodyn

Thermodyn

Well, I'm not exactly sure I know what your asking, but if you are looking for advice on an exhaust, I recommend sticking with OEM or OEM equivilent. The aftermarket exhausts have been disapointing for me. I had a Gibson on my old Dodge Dakota. While it may have increased horsepower by five or so, MPG was debatable. One thing for sure, it reduced engine backpressure and had an adverse effect on the low end torque response. Sounded like crapola.

Toyota engineers know what they are doing. An OEM exhaust will maintain the operating parameters for the engine as they were originally intended.

FWIW, Cdan told me he could not ship a muffler cost effectively.

If you do decide to go aftermarket you could try try these guys:

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/shop_parts/exhaust_system/toyota/land_cruiser.html

Seems they only stock for 1997 and earlier 80 series with 4.5L I-6, or 1998 and later with 4.7L V8. If you have a 100 with the I-6, the Borla may not fit.

You might also try eBay motors Europe. If you find it on your own continent you'll save a bundle in freight.

Hope this helps.

:cheers:

3. lc98v8

lc98v8

??

I tried the exhuast on my Ford truck, it does not help at the low end unless you add a programer and an intake or other performance systems.

I could feel the difference when added the programmer and the highflow filter!

That was on my FORD truck!

As for my LC I would like to ask you whic mod gave the best results?

Thank you all

4. jamisobe

jamisobe

Search the words "exhaust improvement" in the advanced search and select 80 series.

5. IBCRUSN

IBCRUSN

Media:
    Albums:
    Sounds like something LX_Treme can point you in the right direction for the goodies.