exhaust PN help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I got a CEL code 21 on my 94 I went to change the sensors today for the first time since I've owned it and I found the two pipes are pretty much crispy. I couldn't get the bolts loose after hours of trying. I think it might be better to replace the whole pipe. thoughts are appreciated.

You have any pics? If you do the pair delete you can put the new sensors on the exhaust manifold and just leave the old ones in place til you want or have to replace the exhaust. Mine were rusted pretty bad too. I pb blastered them every day for a week then used needle nose vice grips to get them off.

I didn't. I also hit it with the blaster and put a wire brush to it. it was just falling apart.

I just went through this last spring on my 94 and ended up replacing everything until the muffler. One option is to roll the dice and try to get a true Magnaflow 23120 Down pipe that fits the 95+ cruisers, which also has a cat. I tried this, but kept getting Bosal parts (not magnaflow) which as documented well here on mud have major fitment issues.

I went with the original Toyota down pipes as I could not find another option. PN 17402-66011 and 17401-66061 I believe. Price was around $400 for both. If your exhaust is like mine, I needed new cats as well as the flanges were completely rusted, but went with a universal dual inlet / one outlet cat that is working fine and throwing no codes.

Here is a link to another thread that could be helpful:
Magnaflow 23120 on 93/94?

here's a few pics of the temp job I did until I can get the new exhaust pipes. it don't look pretty but it cleared the CEL.

pics

20181109_175859.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom