exhaust pipe replacement for the 40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Since the previous owner ran the exhaust pipe below the skid plate, and I was able to use it as a slider at the Asher's :) I need to think about getting a new one. What is the best resource for a replacement. At a minimum I need the piece from the flange to the muffler, but since the tailpipe is looking pretty rusty I may replace that as well. The exhaust pipe is welded to the muffler so I will have to cut and reweld if I keep the muffler and tailpipe. Any thoughts?

TIA

Depends on how much work you want to put into it. In my early days I didn't want to tackle the exhaust so I took it to a shop and had them relocate it above the skid plate. Cost around $100.

The various bends, straights, and fittings can be sourced at NAPA or whatever parts outfit you use.

http://www.man-a-fre.com/parts_accessories/exhaust_systems.htm
What I ran for years and years.. You had mentioned you might be putting on a header? If so do the exhaust all at once.. I would not piece it together.
Nowdays I take my junk to an exhaust shop down the street that does custom work. Custom work is the key, don't do a Midas (no offense Gary) cause they want to work on stock junk, last time I had talked with a midas they wanted $300 for one tube on the honda.. I had it replaced for $20 recently..
Headers? then do the whole system, if not headers take it in and have that one piece replaced above the skid plate and your done.. No need to upgrade to bigger ID pipe if your not doing the headers etc at the same time..
I can hook you up with our exhaust shop but it's not local to you..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom