1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exhaust needs replacing

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by rocky2416, Aug 2, 2005.

1. rocky2416

rocky2416

I have had some trouble with my '94 LC rattling at low RPM's. I first resolved the problem by putting some hose clamps on the heat shields around the pipes in the right front wheel well. Then the heat shield came loose above my cats :frown: , so i welded that back down. Now i think the cats are starting to rattle from the inside. :mad: Any reccommendations on what to replace? The whole system? Any good reccomendations on where to get the parts? Will i need to cut and re-weld, or are there any bolt together systems that work well? I cant seem to find any major exhaust manufacturers that sell a system made for the 94 LC.

2. Boston Mangler

Boston Mangler

Borla Makes a "Cat Back" system, that is in the new Spring/Summer Performance Products catalog for $548.99! It is no where on their website, only in the catalog.

3. mabrodis

mabrodis

A cat-back exhaust will do you no good if the cats are the actual problem (cat-back is only from the cat back, not including the cat(s)). I don't think there are many options with Cruiser exhausts, atleast not the engine->cat part. You can have any muffler shop put in something new or weld what you have, etc, but I think the only place to get new downtubes from the engine is Toyota. You could certainly weld new cats onto your existing down-pipes if they are in good shape...

Good Luck...

4. pound3151

pound3151

Check out discountconverter.com. They have the downpipe w/cat and aftermarket cats. Not as good as stock but pretty good stuff for the coin.

5. santiagol

santiagol

Check for pebbles in the cat shields. I wound up with a rattle after going through gravel last year and I thought the cat was busted but it was an easy fix - after I realized what was going on.

6. rocky2416

rocky2416

Thanks

Thanks guys. I'll check out to see if its something as simple as pebbles, otherwise I'll probably weld some universal cats on there. I had heard that the borla cat-back system was discontinued, if i'm thinking right it was part number 14465. I'll have to really inspect the rest of the system, and see if it needs replacing.