Exhaust Manifold Replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Y'all may remember my recent post about the exhaust reek from my leaking manifold. It's time to replace it. I have a donor manifold from a local cruiserhead that I will probably have milled. Any pointers before I get my hands dirty?

Anti-seize on everything threaded. OEM or FelPro gasket.
Torque, and retorque after warmup.
GL
Ed

Make sure that the inkake and exhaust manifolds are assembled before you mill them. Don't use any sealer on the gaskets. There aren't any that hold up to the heat. Make sure that the flapper valve works. Make sure that the EGR tube (if present) isn't rusted out.

Make sure there aren't any cracks in the floor of the intake manifold below the carb.

Instead of putting on a doner manifold that needs things done to it but to rather put on a brand new one, what all would need to be done to put that on besides a new gasket? And is that a better route to go then a doner?

I work at a Caterpillar tractor dealership and we sell a manifold sealing compound that works, I put it on mine and have had no leaks.

so have 1 i raced quads and dirtbikes and found this nice copper sealant and have used it in other rebuilds (a 76 Cj-5) and it still holding up today the permatex copper has worked for me! bryan what cats do you focus on? i am a big heavy equipment fan and love my cat's and Terex's!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom