Wanted Exhaust manifold for '68-'73 FJ40 F engine. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My '68 had a header that has rusted through. Just wanting to go back to OEM exhaust manifold (unless someone has a 4 into 1 header laying around).... I am using a '72 intake manifold so I can use a spin on oil filter. So my intake has the narrower runners, I think? that I can use an exhaust manifold from 68-73 F engine. Thanks
Todd

Last edited:
I have a header that I am swapping out on mine if you are interested. Good condition. I am just doing an engine rebuild and putting a stock exhaust manifold back on it. My engine only has 42,000 original miles so the header can not have too many miles and any on it.

80.00 plus shipping.

Indy, can you send me some pics. I just need to make sure it's the type of header that came off my '68. Feel free to PM me, yes I'm interested.

I’m confused on this one. Mentioned is a 68-73 engine, wanting a 4 to 1 header, and a 68 intake. Siamese 4 to 1 header will not work on a 68-73 head. ?????

So I'm figuring this out as I go.....I have a '68, oil regulator on driver's side. Vehicle came with rusted through header, don't know which brand. I test fitted a header and intake from a parts rig I had ('72). The header turned out to be a Downey, but it makes contact with the oil regulator. Talked to Jim about his header, he mentioned the 4 into 1....which I now realize is for the older siamese intake/exhaust....So I'm looking for either a header (other than Downey style) or a 68-73? OEM exhaust manifold to mate up to either of the intakes I have (both narrow and wide runners....) clear as mud, I know :)

@TeamJB might have a NOS exhaust manifold for you , but a 2nd opinion on

it's correct application detailed information would also be recommenced ,

why i might say ,

because , theirs a lack of verifiable info online on this topic i found out many months ago , and the whole Siamese F then morphing into a Standard F 1.5

is a Trade Craft all its's own , from my point of view , and was / is not my
area of specialty , but thats just me being honest and sharing some well
intended advise ......

matt

Here are a few pics.

9FC0E7A0-135A-43F0-90DD-4770AAA21936.jpeg

973FFDF5-90BB-4B43-BB31-48BCD34F5B5D.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom