Exhaust Manifold Bolts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have become mildly obsessed with making my engine bay look really good. How hard is it to change out these bolts and nuts? I'm afraid If I mess with them they are going to break and create more problems for me. Everything works fine - I just don't like how these look. Should I try to change them or if it ain't broke don't fix it?

Manifold Bolts.jpg

Not too hard to change out, with the exception of a couple at the very back. Just keep in mind some may break (none of mine did) and some (maybe half) the stud will turn out of the head. So if you want to do it, get all new studs, nuts and new gasket (beware aftermarket gaskets).

Personally, I would say not worth it if you don't have any leaks, but that's just me.

Where's your heat shield?

You can get them out, but you'll need new studs and nuts. Also, there is a chance the stud(s) might break.

I'd suggest running the engine (get it hot). Then breaking them loose.

I believe a heat shield goes over the manifold and you wont see that hardware.

The heat shields are back on. That's how some of this started. The heat shield bolts looked like crap so I replaced all of those with nice new bolts and then noticed the manifold ones.

Prettying up functional s*** gets you in trouble quick. This is something I would worry about myself but Im getting better about it.

Staying within the requirements here, fix it until it's broken!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom