Exhaust Leak (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ratchet

SILVER Star
Threads
I have an exhaust leak from the the area that I circled in red on the following picture. The picture is from the front of the manifold. I also have another leak on the rear of the manifold in approximately the same position. The motor is out of an 82 FJ60 and at this time is in a 76 FJ40.

I think what I am looking at is the end of the heat riser shaft. I learned by searching that the entire manifold has to come off to replace the heat riser but is there any gaskets or end caps on the heat riser shaft that could be replaced to fix the leak? I looked though my Spectre catalog and it looks like there are caps on it but I'm not sure if you can replace them by themselves or replace the entire thing.

Any ideas?

Richard
Exhaust Manifold Front.JPG

Either get a new exhaust manifold or swap in a header. There are numerous places an OEM EM can leak and fixing one may not solve the problem.

you can get new bushings/caps from Toyota, but yes it must all come off to fix it. So if its not a bad leak, you might just live with it. What I did9and there are other options) because I had a few different little anoying leaks, I bought new OEM intake and exhaust manifolds and installed them(along with any other old crap I got near) new pair of manifolds is $500-ish..........some of the best $ I have spent.,

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies. That is kind of what I figured. Now I just have to decide what to do.

Richard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom