Exhaust leak question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
starting today i started to get an exhaust sound sort of like a leaky manifold,but then i saw this part and it looks like this basket weave part is the issue, do I need this or can I have a muffler shop just make a straight pipe extension ? This is a Euro spec BJ73 from Spain.

IMG_2845.JPG

Definitely keep that. It provides some isolation between the movement of the motor and and the rigid nature of the exhaust system.
Basically keeps you from breaking turbo flanges or manifolds on smaller engines that vibrate a lot. They generally aren't very expensive.

Do you have a record of the sound by any chance?
I have a sound suggesting an exhaust leak, but visually cannt spot any place, was wondering if main silencer couldnt be the source.

The main muffler appears pretty new and the sound is coming directly from the passenger side door (directly above that flex piece) It sounds much more like a tractor, I'll try to record later. That piece of flex joint is also starting to get dirty from what appears to be the exhaust leaking so I assume its coming from there :meh:

PS thank God for IH8MUD!

if you see exhaust stains there is a leak.

Hello,

x2.

Given the age of the truck, it is likely that the joint gave up the ghost and is leaking exhaust.

Have it replaced and move on. As mentioned above, flexible joints are not that expensive.

Juan

Judging by all that black carbon above the flex joint, your injectors probably need a rebuild.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom