Exhaust leak fj60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After cat back has been reolaced, I’m still getting the string smell of exhaust in the cab
Where would I check next for exhaust leaks?
or it’s normal to feel gassed out at the end of a day’s cruising?? Thanks

EGR flange where it comes off the exhaust manifold is one of the most common places for exhaust leaks. Kinda a pain to get to from up top, but not too bad from underneath.

Any time I’m driving with the rear hatch open I about pass out. I guess check the seals around the rear door.

Reactions: OSS
EGR where it attaches to the exhaust manifold. EGR where it attaches to the cooler. EGR where it attaches to the intake manifold. Exhaust manifold gasket. Air injection rail though you would hear it if your air pump is working. I had leaks in my engine bay. When I took everything apart i found that pretty much the whole EGR system had been leaking and my exhaust manifold gasket had been leaking. Could also be the donut between the exhaust manifold and the down pipe.

I'm with 2mbb. It's likely a ventilation seal issue in the cab.
Try driving with the windows up but vent fan on strong. That crates a positive pressure in the cab with the air source coming from the body cowl.
Certain window positions (down) suck exhaust into the cab.

Could be coming in the cabin where the steering column goes through the firewall. There is a rubber seal down there that over time falls apart allowing heat and in your case, exhaust to enter the cabin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom