Exhaust gaskets turning into dust (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
About a year ago I replaced my entire exhaust with an aftermarket Bosal system (total PIA) and since then I have been having issues with the gaskets between the headers and downpipe. These stupid gaskets keep failing and I can not figure out why. I have replaced them four times since installing the new exhaust and tried every aftermarket and OEM part out there. For some reason after I install them and drive about 500 miles they start to deteriorate which causes an annoying exhaust leak. I have no idea what would case this. I wonder if the flanges on the aftermarket downpipe are not exactly the same as OEM. I can not determine what is causing them to develop a leak in the first place as the original ones lasted 200k miles...

If anyone has a suggestion to help fix my weird issue I would greatly appreciate it...

I have the same crap bosal system. When my brother and I put it on it wouldn't seal at the manifold to y pipe, we tried everything we could think of. Finally took it to a local exhaust shop and they tweaked it a bit by cutting and welding the y pipe, and it was better but still leaked a little. Now it's leaking like crazy and I'm going to try to replace the gaskets and studs/nuts as a bandaid until I can replace the whole thing.

The PO of mine replaced the cat with magnaflow replacement cat and Y pipe. Well some 8-10k miles latter the Y to manifold gaskets went to crap like yours. I replaces them with OEM units, and that fixed it for a while, and now every oil change I just snug up the nuts on the flanges about a 1/16 to an 1/8 of a turn on each of them, as they seem to want to back off. I suppose I could just replace the lock nuts but I have been too lazy to do that

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom