Exhaust-ed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Called Mesa Muffler yesterday to schedule some work. They worked on my rig in the past. They scheduled me for today at 8:30AM and told me to expect 3-4 hours. I can work remote so after dropping off the rig I walked into old-town Mesa and found a coffee shop to squat at. At 2PM they called to ask me if they could keep the rig overnight and that the work would be done tomorrow by 5. I returned and picked up my rig. There was a blue 40 getting work done so someone was getting cruiser love. :)
So...the question is:
1. Is the economy so good that companies don't have to provide good service?
2. Is the economy so bad that companies take what ever business they can knowing they can't get it all done and risk loosing customers?
3. Am I just a prissy little bitch who expects it all to get done on MY timeline.

Of course the answer is #3.

I'm looking for a good exhaust shop. I'd prefer they were on the East side of town but after today I'm willing to travel.

It is ratty but in years past I've always had good luck at Mad Hatter on Broadway and Gilbert.

Ron's service or whatever, (used to be Mike's Tire Factory at 101 and Guadalupe) is really good. They have mounted a spare for free for me and drained my freon in like 15-20 minutes today. Tell them Bryan sent you and you usually get like $20 off. (Doesn't help me, I just like the place. )

All of the above.:p

Anymore, most companies book their time and resources so tightly that the slightest hiccup sends their world spinning off it's axis. Ironically, they all claim this is done to enhance customer service.

Meanwhile, employees are stressed to their limits, corners are cut, mistakes compromise any efficiency gains and managers stand around, thump their chests and talk about excellence.

Apache muffler right down the street from Mesa Muffler . He has done all of my exhaust work for years. Good guys, fair price and they get it done.

Scottsdale Muffler has done good, timely work for me always.

I was impressed with them, too - same day, good price

although a little more than a year later, my exhaust leak is back - I'll let them fix it soon :hillbilly:

ChaseTruck said:
I wasn't impressed by Mesa Muffler, and what they did (replace the muffler itself) didn't hold up for more than a few months. The darn muffler actually broke off at the inlet. Mufflers in Nebraska (i.e. winter salt country...) lasted longer...

That said, I'm happy with what Scottsdale Muffler did on my truck - built a new custom Y-pipe, and redid the exhaust from the cat back. Looks good, works well.

I am right there with you the first time I had them work on my truck they did a great job but and it's a big but....the last two times I have been much less impressed. They blame the problems on too hot of exhaust temps from a bad tune :rolleyes: and this past time they charged twice as much and it has lasted half as long :mad:

I've had work done at Scottsdale Muffler. They replaced Oxy sensors and fixed a broken hanger. They charged what they quoted and were done when they said they'd be done...Can't really ask for more than that.

your a little prissy princess. i dont have any exp. on the east side but i have a couple decent shops by me. the one thing i dont like about all the muffler shops is how they crush the tube bending it, i would prefer a mandrel bender but prolly dont want to pay for it.

i really want to buy a bender and start doing my own exhaust work, i also want to get a tire machine and balancer and start doing my own tire work. maybe open a shop that just does stuff like that, no major auto repair.

cause i'm a prissy princess too

Thanks to all for the suggestions. I'll call Apache first, as they are the closest.

I had really good luck with the guy that did Landcruiserphil's exhaust, Elliot.

He ran all new tubing from the engine back, new hangers, new cat and new muffler. It was all tucked nicely up into the frame. I'm really happy with the job he did, and the price was better than other places.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom