exhause manifold rings? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
FJ60 85. I've got the exhaust manifold off and there are a couple rings -- almost like piston rings -- that are part of the assembly. there's a couple collars that come off at 90 degrees and these rings are part of the mating surface. Anyone had a need to replace these before. i seem to be getting some leaks around there.

Guess that I have not ever heard those seal rings called a donut. The one that is between the manifold and exahust pipe, now I have heard that called a donut.

I think that what you are talking about is a seal ring that is used to seal the mating surfaces of the three seperate exaust manifold sections. Yes they are like a piston ring, and the ones that I have replaced have been of a two piece design, one outside thick ring, and one inner spring type of an affair, underneath the outer ring, very similar to piston rings.

Look here, scroll down to the bottom...

thanks sor...

http://www.sor.com/sor/cat044.tam?xax=2884&page.ctx=cat044.tam

Not that big of a deal, replace, and keep going.

Good luck!

-Steve

yep, #16. From memory actually seemed like there were a pair per side. Is this #15 "called a ?spring?" actually the second one on each side that i'm thinking of?

Yes, that is it, that is the "spring".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom