Exedy or Aisin clutch kit? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1000% Aisin.

My oem clutch went 300k heatspots and all.

My current clutch installed with the H55F has 45k on it. Zero issues.

I will just add use Aisin/Asco Disc and Pressure Plate but Toyota-boxed throw-out and Pilot bearing. They are more robust than the aftermarket ones in the kit and the OEM for those bearings are not available in USA as aftermarket.

Kurt at CO can supply all them bits.

I recently had Georg put a new 5 speed and a new Aisin Clutch kit in. I had a Spector Extreme clutch that I put in years ago before. I noticed immediately that this Aisin clutch was much easier to push in. Now a few months later I’m noticing this very annoying shimmy upon release of the Aisin clutch. If I hold the clutch and gas just right I can make the whole motor shake. I’m thinking of yanking the trans back and trying a Center Force clutch as this Aisin clutch seems to be struggling to push my 285’s. The Mickey T is a pretty heavy tire. Hopefully the heavier unit will fix it

Before changing out clutch you should check it. Drop the inspection cover and check the bolts of the clutch cover. Are both pins in place that hold the throw out bearing on the arm? Is the slave cylinder mounted properly? Has the disc become contaminated with oil? Think about what operations are occurring between the clutch master and the pressure plate and what could be loose or otherwise that could be causing the problem before spending the time an $$ to replace a clutch that may be fine.

Over the years and miles I've had OEM, Luk, Center Force, and Aisin. Currently running an Aisin in one of the 60s and I think the other has a Luk. All of these clutches have performed as expected until the high miles accumulated, high mileage being well over 200k. Generally I've replaced clutches not because of a worn out disc but because of high mileage and the transmission was out for some other reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom