Exedy hd clutch kit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

joekatana

GOLD Star
Threads
Does anybody know if someone is selling these clutch kits for Landcruiser in the US ,or does any body know a supplier in Australie who is willing to send it to the US.I want to buy this kit TYK-6296 HDCB This is the Heavy Duty kit for the landcruiser BJ 70.Since i put the turbo and intercooler on my 3B the original clutch starts slipping:mad:

Some of my friends in europe are using this kits and they never want anything else anymore

If your slipping clutch is slipping, it's probably worn out, out of adjustment or contaminated.
Check all these other things first - the factory clutches will hold large tires and turbos without too much problem.

I would suspect wear is what's working against you.

~John

If your slipping clutch is slipping, it's probably worn out, out of adjustment or contaminated.
Check all these other things first - the factory clutches will hold large tires and turbos without too much problem.

I would suspect wear is what's working against you.

~John

Propably but since i don't want to change the clutch to often,and we abuse the cars here in Panama, i want to buy the Exedy HD clutch,some of my friends who use there cars for clallenge racing use them to, and they last a lot longer than the original.

Try 4 wheelauto in Edmonton here:
4Wheel Auto Wholesale

I bought the super heavy duty Exedy clutch kit(I don't have the part # handy) to go between my HDFT and H150F. I haven't gotten my swap completed yet so I don't have any first hand knowledge about the performance though. Dan at 4 wheel was very helpful and knowledgeable. Give him a call.

Yeh I got mine from roodogs it was the exedy Safari sports tuff clutch very nice piece of kit,had it fitted 6 months ago very nice bit more heavier duty clutch..

I second the roodogs clutch. I got the safari tuff or something like that and have pulled my 5000lb travel trailer around with the pump maxed out at 20 lbs of boost and just pulled it off after 60k and it looks new. Never slipped, I just swapped the motor out. Nice pedal feel too, not heavy.

Last edited:
@Radd Cruisers supplied me a Exedy Safari Tuff Clutch for my 1HZ/H55f combo.
Running 20lbs of boost and its holding up just fine. I'll give a better update if anyone is interested when my new fuel pin arrives and it is tuned.

Yeh I got mine from roodogs it was the exedy Safari sports tuff clutch very nice piece of kit,had it fitted 6 months ago very nice bit more heavier duty clutch..
Your safari sports tuff, aren't they 1 spec up on the HD clutch from exedy, the reason I ask is I'm getting auto manual swap in next week or so, I will get the feedback on clutch condition, if needing to be replaced, I'm looking at either safari tuff or HD, but don't want to go over board is it's just for towing camper on holidays not mudd basher etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom