EWD page/section for AHC for ~2000 LX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cruiserbrett

GOLD Star
Threads
Hi,
I don't yet have a 100 series(soon, I hope), but one stipulation for use here in DC is ensuring AHC can be "locked" in low mode for parking garage we have...

Anyone have the few page section from a Factory EWD for a ~2000 LX470? Specifically interested in the console switch schematic, as I want to make an AHC override that can be incorporated into the function of the "off" on the center console switch instead of a DPST switch on the dash...

Once I settle on the specific truck I'll buy an EWD for that year, but prior to purchase just wanted to see the schematic for the console switch.

Thanks!
-Brett

For future reference:

11EE6A75-63B9-4DA7-926A-22F2CDAD92D5.jpeg

I wouldn't worry too much about it. I've had my 2004 LX in and out of low-ceiling DC garages for years with no issues. The truck stays in low as long as you keep the speed down (which you will in a low garage anyway), it's not super fast at raising up, and it's immediately noticeable (blinky light and you feel it gather itself) so you can just punch the brakes and the L button. I've done that once, maybe twice in ten years.

Just had all my AHC lines replaced actually! Finally rusted out after 200K and NE winters but the flexibility and ride quality is worth it.

Keep in mind it's the ECU you need to worry about, not the height selector switch. The selector switch just sends a request. The ECU is what says "no". I believe the general approach is to send a speed = 0 signal when you want to override. I don't think the height selector switch or AHC off is even a part of the equation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom