EWD for brake lights on a '97?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1997 LX450 - it does have a trailer harness, but I have bypassed it in an effort to troubleshoot with no success.....

So, my third brake light works fine, but the other two do not work at all. I first had this issue this summer, but after wiggling everything around in the left rear corner, they started working. Recently, they quit again, so I tore into the harness in the corner and started checking for power. Couldn't find anything that was hot when the brake pedal was depressed. I have a FSM, but it doesn't have much in the way of electrical schematics. The Haynes manual that I have has schematics, but apparently they forgot the section for the brake lights because I can't find it.

Since the third light is working, I can rule out the brake switch as well as most of the harness. My thought is that I should have power to the plug in the left rear corner. If I had an EWD I could trace everything down pretty easy. Does anyone have one that they would be willing to scan and post? Thanks.

Tony

same problem...I tore out the trailer harness on my to avail its still not working...It sounds like we are in the same boat...i need help too..

This what you need?

Attachments

• overalle.pdf
    20 KB · Views: 194
@ OP - my '97 Toy EWD has it listed as a green with white trace/stripe wire that's the common line pre- & post- the hi-mount brake light, and stays that color all the way to the bulb (both sides), then ground is a white with black trace wire on both sides.

It's pg. 74 of the EWD - If I knew how to post it as a pic I would have.

I don't see anything for the brake lights on there. Just turn signals.

Tony

Me either - the real EWD make things a lot easier to understand. Might just have to cut loose the cash, because you'll see the page sooner that way than me figuring out how to post it - I'm that bad w/ PCs, sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom