Evolution of Wagon & Trailer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was sitting here, organizing Cruiser pics and sulking about never being able to attend Cruise Moab again, and started thinking about the way both of my projects, the LC and the trailer, have evolved over time. There's still some of you out there that remember all of these versions, but for those who don't, here's some pics taken over the last decade. Enjoy!

First picture shows the truck still in Venezuela, with all expedition gear stripped and sold. At the time I hadn't even considered importing it to the US...circa 1992(3)?

Second picture shows the Cruiser in Utah, OMEs, worn 33's, rear ARB, circa 1998.

Third picture is the Cruiser in Phoenix, AZ right after the SOA conversion at Mudrak's in 2000.

Fourth picture is the Cruiser in TX, right after de-arching the OME spring packs, 2003.

Fifth picture is the Cruiser in Boulder, CO, right after the diesel conversion and overhaul, 2005.
1st iteration.jpg
2nd iteration.jpg
3rd iteration.jpg

two more:
4th iteration.jpg
5th iteration.jpg

Now the trailer. Bought if for a song in 1995, *before* the Land Cruiser landed on US soil. Freshly de-mobbed by the Marines, a 1967 M416.

First picture is the day I brought it home (towed by RustyCruiser), in Towson, MD, 1995.

Second picture is in Cockeysville, MD, right before I moved to Arizona, 1997.

Third picture is what the trailer first looked like restored, Sterling, VA, 1996.

Fourth pictures is what the trailer looked like after an overhaul to match the Cruiser, Glendale, AZ, 2000.

Fifth picture is right after a round of modifications by JKCustoms, Austin, TX 2002.

Sixth picture is right after changing the color to match the Cruiser, Round Rock, TX 2006.
trailer 1st iteration.jpg
trailer 2nd iteration.jpg
trailer 3rd iteration.jpg

Three more:
trailer 4th iteration.JPG
trailer 5th iteration.JPG
trailer 6th iteration.JPG

euclid said:
Henry,
What was the origional color?

Greg, the original color was "Gris Templado", or "Tempered Grey". It was a color only offered in Venezuela from 1990-1992.

Now some random shots....

Playing in the mud, Central PA, 1997.

Wheeling in Dolly Sods, WV, 1998.

In the Berkshire Mts, MA, 1998.
Central PA.jpg
Dolly Sods, VA.jpg
Berkshire MTs (Small).jpg

Three more:

In the sunset, Santa Fe, NM, 1998.

On Trail 42, Cave Creek, AZ, 1999.

Crossing the Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco, CA 1999.
Sunset in Sta Fe, NM.jpg
Trail 42, AZ.jpg
The Princess on the Golden Gate! (Medium).jpeg

Henry,

Man I wish I had some old pics of my truck....Guess I should start to document what all I have done...Thanks for the thread...Agree about Moab...maybe someday we will meet again there:beer: :beer:

Great pictures, but I am curious why can't you ever attend Cruise Moab again?

Your Cruiser is Moab ready!

the sweetest cruiser ever ..... dont know which one is better

and to think yours had me wanting square head lights :hillbilly :hillbilly

kling-on said:
the sweetest cruiser ever ..... dont know which one is better

and to think yours had me wanting square head lights :hillbilly :hillbilly

You know you still love the squres.

Slushbox envy... what a terrible thing...

taccruiser97 said:
Great pictures, but I am curious why can't you ever attend Cruise Moab again?

Your Cruiser is Moab ready!

Oh, I know she can handle most of the trails in Moab, she already has! But I have a schedule conflict between 'Cruise Moab and the end of my company's fiscal quarter, which is our busiest time of the year. As long as I work for Dell or 'Cruise Moab is held on the same weekend, I'm screwed....

Exiled said:
Oh, I know she can handle most of the trails in Moab, she already has! But I have a schedule conflict between 'Cruise Moab and the end of my company's fiscal quarter, which is our busiest time of the year. As long as I work for Dell or 'Cruise Moab is held on the same weekend, I'm screwed....

Well your choice is clear then....

Last edited:
More Nostalgia pics!

First picture is near the Valdosta River iN Georgia, circa 1996.

Second picture is wheeling with Yankee Toys near Ossippee, NH, 2000.

Third is on the road from Bumblee to Crown King, AZ, 1999.
Valdosta River, GA.jpg
Ossippee, NH (Small).JPG
Crown King Road.jpg

Three more:

First picture was goofing up on Poison Spider, 'Cruise Moab, 2000.

Second picture is playing in Sedona, AZ circa 2000.

Third picture was playing on the rocks at Paragon, PA, 2002.
Goofing off on Poison Spider.jpg
Sedona descent.jpg
Rocks at Paragon (Small).JPG

Exiled said:
I was sitting here, organizing Cruiser pics and sulking about never being able to attend Cruise Moab again, and started thinking about the way both of my projects, the LC and the trailer, have evolved over time.

Why won't you be able to attend CM again?

When my build up is complete, I hope to attend CM. I figured that you would be one of the folks I would meet and get to wheel with.

Andrew

It's amazing that I recognize 95% of these pics. These photos are the reason that my Cruiser sits as it does today! Thanks for the inspiration Henry!!!!

~Bob
fefe.JPG

Henry,

Your rig is the reason I upgraded from the 40 to the 62. My wife hates you. :D

Great stuff.

Awesome evolution of a beautiful Cruiser.

Thanks Henry!:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom