Everything I like about the 60"s LC is why I don't like the new Bronco (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I found that most who complain about the solid axle front end don't actually use it for its intended purpose, but just like the prestige of having it.

Having said that, it would be awesome if 4x4 manufacturers gave us the option to buy IFS or a live axle for the same models.

I found that most who complain about the solid axle front end don't actually use it for its intended purpose, but just like the prestige of having it.

Having said that, it would be awesome if 4x4 manufacturers gave us the option to buy IFS or a live axle for the same models.
I went to the bronco website and was impressed with the endless models and options you can get. The most important one is the solid front axle, which isn't an option. Ram has it as an option, why cant ford? All wrangler type jeeps have it. If ford really wants to compete with jeep they need a sfa.

Unfortunately in this day and age you can't get away from electronics.

Theres a reason I bought a 40 year old diesel rig. Nothing today comes close. So I'll just deal with the rust and cracking plastic.

I went to the bronco website and was impressed with the endless models and options you can get. The most important one is the solid front axle, which isn't an option. Ram has it as an option, why cant ford? All wrangler type jeeps have it. If ford really wants to compete with jeep they need a sfa.

Unfortunately in this day and age you can't get away from electronics.

Theres a reason I bought a 40 year old diesel rig. Nothing today comes close. So I'll just deal with the rust and cracking plastic.
In Iraq one of the land cruisers that i drove was an armored 105. Essentially a 100 series with factory live axles. That thing was a beast and comfortable because you can choose your ride settings.

I wish they imported them in the U.S.

Yeah they have them in Australia too. Would be nice to bring one in. The toughest landcruiser ever made apparently.

Gives me 3 more years to have first dibs...

99% of solid front axle truck owners

In Iraq one of the land cruisers that i drove was an armored 105. Essentially a 100 series with factory live axles. That thing was a beast and comfortable because you can choose your ride settings.

I wish they imported them in the U.S.

only have to wait until 25 years to import for the first year. Pretty sure that LC Direct will be flush with those when that happens.

BC is only 15 years to import.

We got a solid axle front end.
We have a HD SUV built to last 30 years
No electronics that need updates
A tailgate
Steel construction.
What else?
A tractor engine?

I guess I don't hate them, it's more that all the newer cars are missing that soul. I do have a fondness for old Broncos. I even like the old CJ's a little. My mostly stock 20R 1980 pickup has more soul than about anything I've driven other than my 60. But I don't drive much else.

My 2001 Tundra Limited (translates to limited to only the basics) has soul. It looks and rides like a mid 80’s mini truck minus the solid front axle. Flame away but it has AC and no ABS.

Yeah, those damned Toyotas:smokin:
In my family, it started about 1970 with a long bed pickup, then the a '66 fj40. They sold those, regretted it and bought a new 1980 4x4 pickup. It's rusting gently in my drive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom