Ever wonder what 20 years of Land Cruiser service records would look like? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just got finished organizing and logging all of my service records. I’ve changed the oil 52 times in my 20 years owning this truck.

BACEE3CF-0BC3-4A31-B8D0-34035E49C4CD.jpeg

Last edited:
Damn, I had a stack at least twice as thick owning a BMW M5 for just five years. Amen for CarMax extended warranties for those types of vehicles.

Fixed it for ya
Fun fact. The guy who bought my M5 actually owns a machine shop and has two spare engines for when the rod bearings let go on the original one. I commended the guy on his dedication and preparedness. Luckily for him, my history of oil analysis on that S85 motor always looked spectacular on the stock rod bearings.

Helluva car, helluva motor, but definitely not Toyota reliability nor maintenance costs!

I am the second owner, but the first owner kept everything! I am also continuing the record keeping.
20210125_230042.jpg

Don't start making fun of Beamer coil pack failures, your land cruiser might be listening

I'm on coil pack replacement #5 and carry a spare around among other parts like some kind of hobo.

Don't start making fun of Beamer coil pack failures, your land cruiser might be listening

I'm on coil pack replacement #5 and carry a spare around among other parts like some kind of hobo.
This is exactly why I just pretend mine are 100% fine. Until proven otherwise.

I just took my 2000 on a 4500 mile trip to Billings, MT and back over New years. Not a single hiccup...

Yep! Previous owner gave me a meticulous folder chronologically ordered. 20 years all on paper.

Total = $21, 243 ($88 a month).

IMG-9352.jpg

I'd be interested to hear your total. Maybe, with enough input, we can come to a consensus of that it costs to maintain these over the long term. 25 years is a long time.

Now, just imagine how much you spent on fuel!? Probably another 30-40K!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom