Ever seen a factory PTO on a 80? Pictures (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LandCruiserPhil

Peter Pan Syndrome
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Found in the Netherlands om a LHD

IMG_5156.jpg
IMG_5155.jpg
IMG_5157.jpg
IMG_5159.jpg
IMG_5158.jpg

I'm not that mechanically inclined but I can read "winch" and see a transfer case mechanism in the diagram. Mind explaining just what we are looking at here, please?

This looks like the same lever setup for the parking break on the toyota pickups. I wonder if it could be converted? :hmm:

I'm not that mechanically inclined but I can read "winch" and see a transfer case mechanism in the diagram. Mind explaining just what we are looking at here, please?

Basically its a gear box "E" that bolts to the side of a transmission or transfer case "D" that drives a drive shaft "G" to provide the power for the winch "C".

I would consider this set up extremely rare for an 80 series in the USA.

winch3WEB.jpg

PTO mounts here:
CBA90A30-BA6D-4A70-9F77-D59D3A153ED9.jpeg

Some people’s use pto with hydraulic pump for hidraulic winch

PTO in Russia costs about 100$. Transfer case with PTO ~300$

US HF2AV dont have the access plate on the side for the PTO like the picture:(
It’s rare transfer case only for Asia and Europe, only with manual gearbox. On jdm or us landcruiser’s it’s not installed

Last edited:
hf1a only so factory part-time 4wd - hf2a's don't have the removable plate where the PTO mechanism can bolt onto.

hf1a only so factory part-time 4wd - hf2a's don't have the removable plate where the PTO mechanism can bolt onto.
Wrong!

Diesel landcruiser 80 with manual transmission and PTO

7BD51DD3-4818-4BFD-B121-7F6C298DB499.jpeg

No, winch help’s for drive forward

The tcase can be engaged to drive the wheels and help the winch but also the tcase can be in neutral letting only the winch do the work. I haven’t seen the operating instructions from Toyota but I bet they say to keep the tcase in neutral while winching. I know the instructions for the 40 series winches say that.

PTO is nice if you have to winch for long periods of time, such as winching logs up a hill, moving equipment around, powering a pump, or mild wheeling. For more serious offroad use a PTO is less useful. Electric then becomes superior because u can do short pulls if the motor wont run such as being dead in a water crossing or at some crazy angle and the truck wont run. U can pull yourself 10 or 20 feet to safer ground off the battery alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom