1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ever forget your wedding anniversary?

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by Cookiemonster, Aug 8, 2005.

1. Cookiemonster

Cookiemonster

So at about 6pm Cookiemonsterette is getting a glass of milk when she asks me, "what's todays date?"

I tell her the 7th. She asks, 'what month?" I say August.

Then she asks, "does that mean anything to you?"

After running the sequence of the month then the day I realized the ultimate FUBAR, it's our wedding anniversary.

Fortunately for me she explains that she too just realized what the date was while looking at the milk carton.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY BAYBEE!!! Oops....... :doh:

2. White Shark

White Shark

Media:
    Albums:
    Oh, by the way she's pregnant and knows where Cookie keeps the Para Ordnance .45 :doh:

3. Bluto

Bluto

Congrats Cookiemonster and wife.

This year it was both me and the missus. We were so busy with the kids this year. It took my wife a week to realize and to remind me of our anniv. Usually, I get lucky and remember it in the early morn and have enough time to buy flowers or something at Ralphs (grocery store) when they open. I pretend to have known all that time and play it.

4. NorCalDoug

NorCalDoug problems solved daily...

Offf with his head!!!

that's what my wife would say if I ever forgot. I tried to make it easy one myself and have the wedding be the day after the wife's birthday...no dice...she saw right through that one.

Luckily for me it's a week before her b-day. Not too hard to forget.

BTW...congrats :D

5. Poriomania

Poriomania

I can never remember whether mine is the second or the seventh(8 yrs) of Oct. It's the same day as my best friend's (15 yrs) birthday, but I can never remember whether that's the second or seventh of Oct. either.

6. NMuzj100

NMuzj100

I got mine within five days of my wifes B-day to help the memory. Also have it engraved on my wedding band so I can refresh my memory at any time of panic.

7. stayalert

stayalert SILVER Star

I had a friend engrave my leahterm,an with my wife's b-day and our wedding date. It worked great for a couple of ytears then I lost the fawking l-man.

8. OZCAL

OZCAL

Just don't let FUBAR turn into SNAFU!

9. 98LXand99LC

98LXand99LC

My wife inscribed our wedding date on the inside of my wedding band. 6-7-97, just have to take it off and look if I'm ever in doubt about the date.

10. BLKDOG40

BLKDOG40

congratulations! :beer:

Our anniversary is April 1st so if forgot, I could play it off as an April Fools Joke ;)

11. dieseldog

dieseldog She idles just fine . . .

The wedding date is inscribed inside my wedding band also; however, it's VERY difficult to forget January 1st as a wedding anniversary. With her birthday on Christmas Eve, then Christmas, and wedding anniversary on New Year's Day, I have to be Mr. Excitement for nine whole days.

12. fsusteve

fsusteve

Media:
    Albums:
    Every year I forget and every year she laughs at me. There's even a picture of us with the date on the frame right in the living room AND I still forget.

13. alvarorb

alvarorb Color Geek in Charge

What are PDAs, and computer calendars for?
    Now I don't "forget". But now what happens is that she'll test me. Out of the blue she will ask me "What date did we get married?" or "How old I'm I?".

I have to think hard on the first question. On the second one I always say "25". It makes her smile.

Regards

Alvaro

14. stinkyfj60

stinkyfj60

We tried to schedule or wedding on July 4th, no luck. The priest wasnt having it because it fell on a Thursday or something that year and the church only does wedding on Fri evening and Sat.

So we picked June 1 which is easy to remember. But actually we never forget because we try to plan something every anniversary together with no kids or other distractions. So far so good, 10th next year :D

15. 82-SOA-60

82-SOA-60

My wife's b-day is the 17th and our anniversary is 20th of the same month...or was that vice versa?

16. Jman

Jman

Bingo, Jan. 2 here--and the added benefit is, by the time it rolls around, the wife is sick and tired of celebrations and gift giving, so we usually just do dinner out. :D I think it was a stroke of genius. :D