Event Calendar (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Gun Runner 5

ODD IRON OFF ROAD
SILVER Star
Threads
Hopefully this is a more “user friendly” format than sticking it in “Club News”. 😊
0C8B152B-2AFA-46E0-8EC2-3E760D8EAEB1.jpeg

Last edited:
****** More Details On The Plantation Ride …. 6/26 ******
We will meet at one of the organizers barns just east on Monticello, FL no later than 10:00am. (GPS address: 1168 Boston Highway / Monticello, FL). We will leave from there and visit several plantations prior to lunch and time permitting possible a few more plantations after lunch. We will most likely eat at the same restaurant we ate at today during the WMA ride. (Flatwoods Cafe). Because this is a “charity ride“ it was agreed that each person would purchase a ticket for $20.00 ** and the proceeds would go directly to the charity. Hope to see you there. 😁

** A $20.00 ticket is per vehicle and not per person however you are free to contribute more if you desire.

Last edited:
UPDATE: We’ve had a club member ask about the chosen charity, Pro Life - Save the Storks - Join the Revolution - https://savethestorks.com/.

A LITTLE HISTORY MIGHT HELP….
I was contacted by a Land Cruiser owner from the Monticello area a couple of months ago wanting to know if our club would be interested in riding on some of the area plantations. He had connections with a number of the owners. The gentleman from Monticello thought the plantation owners would be more willing to open up their property if we were doing something like a charity ride. Red Hills played NO PART in deciding what charity would be chosen. Perhaps I was a bit naive but I simply saw the opportunity as something our club members would enjoy and was not necessarily endorsing or not endorsing the chosen charity. I personally have no issue with the charity but that’s just me. The decision to go or not go is certainly up to the individual member and your decision will be respected.

***** If you plan to attend please let me know by the 25th. …. Thanks

Last edited:
For those of you that will be passing through Thomasville on the way to the event, we plan to meet and leave from the Lowe’s parking lot at 9:15am.

BAD NEWS …. WELL SORTA
Between a tropical depression and a stalled frontal passage we’ve had an ENORMOUS amount of rain and it’s still falling.
Eric Paul (the organizer of the charity event) and I, have talked several times and it has been decided to postpone the event until the second half of July. There are several plantations that we had planned to ride that are now reporting flooding. In the interest of preserving what is otherwise pristine trails on private property it’s probably best that we wait for improved weather.

The Consolation Prize …… Eric is planning to ride portions of the Aucilla River WMA that we rode a couple of weeks ago on Saturday and has invited our group to join him. If you’re interested just me know.

Last edited:
Ok it’s official in an unofficial way 😊 (aka Plan B )
I along with others plan to meet Eric at his property (GPS address: 1168 Boston Highway / Monticello, FL) at 10:00am Saturday morning for another run on the Aucilla River WMA.

DIRECTIONS…..
For those of you that are planning to attend the WMA ride on Saturday, here are the directions to Eric’s barn.
* Coming from the north on Hwy 19S …. adjacent to the first convenient store as you come into Monticello, turn left on the Boston Hwy, travel approx 2 miles and look for a gate on the right (gate has the letters GOP).
*Coming from the south on I-10…. Exit 225 / Hwy 19 / travel through Monticello and continue northbound. In this case it’s the last convenient store on the left (Boston Hwy on the right)

Although not directly affiliated with Red Hills, a number of our club members are planning to attend. 😊
019F51A5-D736-4786-B6A7-C88AA518BBE0.jpeg

Meeting at Thomasville Toyota at 10:00am (11/06) for the vintage Cruiser tour and lunch thereafter. Hope you can make it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom