Evenstar - the 1970 FJ55 Family Car (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all! Let me introduce you to my recently named pig Evenstar. Back in the 80s my parent's bought her from a miner in Northern California and she's lived out the rest of her days in Southern California. Growing up, the Land Cruiser was our family daily driver/camping/road trip car that dutifully took us all over the United States. In the late 90s my parents bought a 1997 Expedition and slowly phased out the Land Cruiser. It's been a debate with my Dad, but we believe he parked it 15-20 years ago.

As I've grown older, honed my own mechanic skills, and started taking my own adventures it's become clear I need a truck as my little eclipse is no longer cutting it. The Land Cruiser has always been my dream camp car, and after some convincing I finally got my Dad's permission to start working on her. Just moving her from her resting spot in the backyard was a day long affair of moving around multiple cars that don't run, but we finally got her in a good spot to work on. And then she sat there another year as I finished out my Master's degree and dealt with issues with my daily driver. HOWEVER, the time has come for me to finally get the ball rolling.

32E058E4-09FA-4367-B1F5-7D5073792502_1_105_c.jpeg

Had to bring in the big guns to pull her out.

B6C5A2D5-384D-4338-A471-26494D9C74AF_1_105_c.jpeg

C889BF2D-42EE-46C0-94F2-713EAF537129_1_105_c.jpeg

A much needed bath.
D9E454B1-86E8-48C0-9995-71A8BCB296CB_1_105_c.jpeg

Current plan with known issues:

To Get Running
  • Oil pump (long standing issued that needed to be replaced for probably 10 years before being parked)
  • Gas tank (cleaned and lined)
  • Regular maintenance stuff
To Drive
  • Oil seals on rear end
  • Cracked subframe
  • Transmission seals
  • Miscellaneous electrical issues
  • Tires (a friend has donated the wheels off of his Tacoma)
  • Carb rebuild
  • Weather stripping
  • Holes in driver side
  • Seatbelts
  • Power steering and brakes (conditions from my Dad if I'm going to drive it)
Nice to haves
  • Radio and some sort of speaker system
  • Roof braces
  • Headliner
  • Carpet
  • Dash cover
  • Seat covers or something (seats have been covered in blankets as long as I remember)
  • Paint
Like I said, these are KNOWN issues, my Dad seems to keep remembering random issues the more time we spend on it. Known upgrades:
  • 2F Engine
  • Extended Shackles
Also old picture of Evenstar in her better years:
image000000.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom