Evaporator Air Box Foam (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know of a good source for the foam used on the Cooler Unit Assembly (88510-60640)?

Or the specs? It appears to be 1/2" wide but none of my existing foam is in good enough shape to know how thick it should be.

I'd like to find something with automotive-grade adhesive that will hold up to the cold/heat. FWIW, Toyota's adhesive is in great shape.

I tried some 3/8" thick closed cell and the box won't fit so I believe it might be too thick.

Thanks

Virtually all adhesive backed weather stripping uses an acrylic adhesive (whatever that is).
I’ve had good luck getting my foam strips for other projects from McMaster Carr. Huge selection. Don’t get any seal made of silicon. It’s much too dense for the evaporator box. Doesn’t compress.

Virtually all adhesive backed weather stripping uses an acrylic adhesive (whatever that is).
I’ve had good luck getting my foam strips for other projects from McMaster Carr. Huge selection. Don’t get any seal made of silicon. It’s much too dense for the evaporator box. Doesn’t compress.
Had to look it up but apparently what I tried is made of neoprene. That could have been the issue. It was fairly firm.

I used weather stipping foam from Lowes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom